Help to archiving MuhRO wiki

Kirigaya Kazuto

Jul 4, 2023, 11:31:11 AM7/4/23
to wikiteam-discuss
Please help, i use wikiteam github but not work

i need archiving https://muhro.eu/wiki/

thanks

Elsie Hupp

Jul 4, 2023, 2:12:12 PM7/4/23
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kazuto!

> Please help, i use wikiteam github but not work
>
> i need archiving https://muhro.eu/wiki/

Two approaches you can try are:

(1) Use Conda to run a stable version of WikiTeam in a Python 2 virtual environment, as detailed here:

https://github.com/WikiTeam/wikiteam/blob/f265849087b1f717d0a5e3d61e786cf0b72ab10b/README.md

(2) Use this ongoing port of WikiTeam to Python 3 at MediaWiki Scraper:

https://github.com/mediawiki-client-tools/mediawiki-scraper

While I have used option (1) successfully in the past, an advantage with option (2) is that there are several active maintainers in the MediaWiki Client Tools organization who can help troubleshoot any issues you might run into. (Full disclosure: I am one of these people lol.)

While you can use the MediaWiki Scraper “Issues” to get help troubleshoot any failures with the application (which may very well be bugs), MediaWiki Client Tools also has a GitHub Discussions page if you have general questions that don’t relate to bugs or the like:

https://github.com/orgs/mediawiki-client-tools/discussions

Best,
Elsie Hupp

Kirigaya Kazuto

Jul 5, 2023, 3:04:19 AM7/5/23
to wikiteam-discuss
Poetry command is not work on ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Elsie Hupp

Jul 5, 2023, 11:41:39 AM7/5/23
to 'Elsie Hupp' via wikiteam-discuss
Poetry can be installed using the following command:

curl -sSL https://install.python-poetry.org | python3 -

If you need help with MediaWiki Scraper, though, I would strongly recommend opening an issue on GitHub, since it’s easier for us maintainers to help you there:

https://github.com/mediawiki-client-tools/mediawiki-scraper/issues/new