What's the progress on porting to Python 3?

Rob Kam

Jun 19, 2020, 1:11:11 PM6/19/20
to wikiteam-discuss
Now that Python 2 is no longer supported is there any development to get the WikiTeam scripts running on Python 3?

Federico Leva (Nemo)

Jun 19, 2020, 2:52:54 PM6/19/20
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com, Rob Kam
Rob Kam, 19/06/20 20:11:
> Now that Python 2 is no longer supported is there any development to get
> the WikiTeam scripts running on Python 3?

From <https://github.com/WikiTeam/wikiteam/pull/331#issuecomment-583680143>:

«I've started testing this, but it's a can of worms. We need to test
various kinds of inputs, but a lot of failures are surfaced even with a
single wiki, with a single launch or XML/image resumption attempt. Also,
wikitools and reverse_readlines don't like python3, while pickle doesn't
like strings. Hmpf.

I'm using Python 3.7.6, by the way.

And yes, there are some files which need to be opened in binary mode for
the way this was written, plus there are some errors of concatenation of
bytes with non-bytes. I'm not entirely sure what was your intention.»

Patches and tests welcome over
<https://github.com/nemobis/wikiteam/tree/2to3>.

Federico