How to backup users, passwords, and other core data?

Pyro Newman

Mar 18, 2018, 5:39:44 PM3/18/18
to wikiteam-discuss
Hello. I am planning on having my wiki from Editthis moved to a new site. I do not only want pages and categories backed up, but also users, passwords, skins, special pages, user rights, and everything else in the site data. Besides, I prefer to have a web server back this up rather than downloading it on my computer. How can one get all of this data backed up with pages and categories from a wikifarm with WikiTeam? Thank you.

-From Pyro Newman

Platonides

Mar 18, 2018, 7:41:05 PM3/18/18
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com
Hello Pyro

You won't be able to copy user passwords, user preferences, etc. If you were able to export that, anyone could. You would need that to be provided by the system admin of the old server (in this case by Editthis), and at that point, you are better off getting a db dump.
Skins and special pages are either provided by the core MediaWiki or by an extension. Editthis uses very little extensions https://editthis.info/wiki/Special:Version albeit ControlPanel may be a custom one (I can't find that extension). If you have access to edit LocalSettings.php itself at the new host, it should be an appropriate replacement.

Best regards

Federico Leva (Nemo)

Mar 19, 2018, 8:27:03 AM3/19/18
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com, Pyro Newman
Pyro Newman, 18/03/2018 23:39:
> Hello. I am planning on having my wiki from Editthis moved to a new site.

Thanks for taking care of your wiki! For this scenario (migration from a
wiki where you don't have shell access), former Wikia users created
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MediaWikiAuth

Federico