Help archive wikimon.net xml and images

Karus Merklos

Sep 7, 2023, 10:39:11 PM9/7/23
to wikiteam-discuss
Somebody please help me archive this wiki xml + images.
Cant get wikiteam github to work. always  keyerror expiry since two hours.
thanks in advance.

Elsie Hupp

Sep 8, 2023, 12:19:24 PM9/8/23
to 'Elsie Hupp' via wikiteam-discuss
Hi Karus,

If you’re having trouble with the original WikiTeam, you can try either of the following downstream forks:

MediaWiki Dump Generator
https://github.com/mediawiki-client-tools/mediawiki-dump-generator
—maintains compatibility with upstream XML format
—fairly responsive if you ask for help by opening an Issue at https://github.com/mediawiki-client-tools/mediawiki-dump-generator/issues

SaveWeb
https://github.com/saveweb/wikiteam3
—may be less buggy due to more substantially rewriting the core application
—may or may not maintain compatibility with upstream XML format
—may not be particularly responsive to support requests (unless in Chinese)

Full disclosure, I am a maintainer for MediaWiki Dump Generator. The maintainer at SaveWeb has contributed to our project in the past but has since taken a different direction in their work, in part, as far as I can tell, due to their greater comfort with the Chinese-language web.

So if you’re having trouble, I’d recommend trying MediaWiki Dump Generator (and filing a bug report if it doesn’t work) if you need upstream compatibility, and I’d recommend trying SaveWeb if you are more comfortable with Chinese than with English.

I hope either of these approaches are useful for you, and maybe talk to you soon if you drop by MediaWiki Dump Generator!

Best,
Elsie Hupp