Which files do I need to include in a backup?

kg

Apr 15, 2017, 7:41:44 AM4/15/17
to wikiteam-discuss
After doing an XML dump, the xmldumps folder includes these files:

config
history file
titles file
siteinfo
Special-Version

Do I need to save "config" in order to be able to reconstruct the wiki later? Or is that just a temporary file used while the dump generator is running, and I can delete it?

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada

Apr 15, 2017, 12:01:07 PM4/15/17
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com
config is a temp file, you can delete it.

The only mandatory file to reconstruct the wiki is the history xml file.

The Special-version is useful to know what Mediawiki extensions were available in the original wiki.

kg