Rebuilding a wiki from archive

Christian Kröhl

Aug 9, 2020, 3:45:29 AM8/9/20
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com

Hello guys,

hi Federico,

I have an old archive of a wiki, that was close years ago. Extremly helpful until closure, but the guys running the wiki were unable to maintain a spam management. Whil trying to install that archive, we´ve encountered the persiting problem, that the images in the wiki don´t appear and we are unable to map the image archive (which btw is incomplete) to the wiki entries. The originally dump was taken by you Federico, so any chance you could assist us here?

Regards,

Chris.

Federico Leva (Nemo)

Aug 9, 2020, 6:28:50 AM8/9/20
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com, Christian Kröhl
Christian Kröhl, 09/08/20 10:45:
> Whil trying to install that archive, we´ve encountered the
> persiting problem, that the images in the wiki don´t appear and we are
> unable to map the image archive

That's always a bit tricky, have you tried the instructions on the
manual already?
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Restoring_a_wiki_from_backup

Federico

Christian Kröhl

Aug 9, 2020, 7:16:07 AM8/9/20
to wikiteam...@googlegroups.com
Great that you are still around, Federico. I´ll contact you outside the group, if you don`t mind.

Regards,
Chris.