Fwd: FEDERICO RESTREPO canceled automatic payments to you

james pruett

May 2, 2019, 4:55:07 PM5/2/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com
Funding ran out.
If anyone knows anyone who needs a speed limit database, now is the time to step up!

This is probably the end of Wikispeedia.

Jim

May 2, 2019, 7:09:54 PM5/2/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com
We need one

What cost?

james pruett

May 2, 2019, 10:05:28 PM5/2/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com
Vincent,

What would make me sleep at night is $5/mo to gpsc...@gmail.com [reoccurring].

Anything less than that and its lights out.
image.png

vicente louvet

May 3, 2019, 9:25:51 AM5/3/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com
James,

That can't be all that is needed...

Perhaps that is how much MORE you need, but how much total operating costs do you have between website, database, etc.?

Thank you for your time, I'll have some money over today. But a more sustainable model will only be found if you are able to share more information with me.

Respectfully,

james pruett

May 3, 2019, 11:12:51 AM5/3/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com
You wont believe it, but here it is. ALL of it.

INPUT: We got (did get) $100 per month from TSO Mobile in Miami via paypal reoccurring monthly.

OUTPUT per month: $27 Amazon database
OUTPUT per year:  ~$50 for nearlyfreespeech.net website hosting and mysql instance.
OUTPUT per month: $40 distributed amoung all monthly contributors including Alirio in Venezuela.
OUTPUT per month: $7.95 paid to volunteermatch.org

Our paypal balance is $138.75, Our First Tennessee balance is $112.64.

I took extra money and spent it on freelancer.com to build two apps:
Opencv sign identifiers for apps. Opencv vehicle identifiers for apps. They are in the source code on gitlab.

(paypal 1 year attached, firsttennessee screenshot)

-Jim

image.png
image.png

wikispeedia_paypal_1year_alltransactions2.CSV.txt

vicente louvet

May 3, 2019, 2:49:39 PM5/3/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com, gkus...@hotmail.com
James,

Thank you for the follow up email..

It looks like you had the following in operating costs:

~ $28.00/mo Amazon DB costs
~ $6.00/mo webhosting costs
~ $8.00/mo volunteermatch.org costs
~ $40.00/mo sign submission re-payment costs
____________________________
~ $82.00 / mo operating costs total.

Let me ask you this: How do you keep costs from ballooning due to over-use of AWS?

Can you also tell me how many API queries are allowed for that $28.00/mo on AWS?

Does the database hit a limit each month then shut off, or are we staying "under quota" most months of the year?

I believe that AWS and GCP both have a way for their customers to monetize an API so that OUR customers (users) can be tiered off based on usage.

For example:
0-3000 api calls / month = free
3001 - 100,000 api calls / month = $10.00 / mo
over 100,000 api calls / month = call for pricing.

This method of pricing could make it so that the resource is available freely for everyone, but is funded by the "over use" that we other might put on the system.

The way data is queried may have to change slightly to allow for this type of metered usage, but I think it would be beneficial for us all.

Let me know what you think, I'm open to ideas.

Respectfully,

cellurl

May 3, 2019, 3:21:20 PM5/3/19
to Wikispeedia
Vicente,

I have time only for investors today.
I hope you understand.
We could use a recurring payment of any amount to paypal gpsc...@gmail.com

-Jim

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/wikispeedia.

vicente louvet

May 3, 2019, 3:40:10 PM5/3/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

I see the option to make a one time payment in Paypal, but can't figure out how to send recurring payments.

Can you assist?

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/wikispeedia.

james pruett

May 3, 2019, 3:46:07 PM5/3/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com

vicente louvet

May 3, 2019, 3:49:33 PM5/3/19
to wikis...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

 I did what I could... hopefully you have some time to answer some questions so that I can assist in lining up more conversation with potential investors.

Respectfully,

no_recurring.png