Wikibook PDF server version 1.1.9 released

JR

Dec 7, 2011, 2:28:10 AM12/7/11
to wikipublisher, hu...@pressbooks.com
The latest pdf server version adds support for custom LaTeX sty files,
giving authors much more control over the layout of their books. Until
this version, it required the pdf server administrator to install a
local cfg file, which applies to all books. The new release means an
author can associate a sty file with a particular book, through the
<book> tag:

<book style="http://address.of.your/custom.sty" >

There are some significant code changes which should make it much
easier to modify most aspects of a book for local needs, without
having to touch the server. I haven't produced proper documentation
yet, but there is a summary of the features in the release notes:

http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/ReleaseLog/20111207

The next release of the Publish PDF library for PmWiki will include a
way to reference a sty file uploaded using Attach: markup.

Thanks to Hugh at PressBooks for the challenge! Comments and questions
welcome, especially from those using local cfg files -- please test
this release carefully. I don't think it breaks cfg file support, but
I can't be certain.

JR

Hugh McGuire

Dec 7, 2011, 7:59:25 AM12/7/11
to wikipu...@googlegroups.com
John this is really really exciting. Can't wait to play around with it...

Hugh McGuire
http://pressbooks.com
http://twitter.com/pressbooks

Read "Book: A Futurist's Manifesto" (O'Reilly):

Marc Laporte

Dec 7, 2011, 10:06:25 PM12/7/11
to wikipu...@googlegroups.com, hu...@pressbooks.com
Congrats!

This is exciting indeed.

I really like your idea of a "online library of style files to produce
different book skins for different purposes."

Best regards,

M ;-)

Marc Laporte
http://tiki.org/

JR

Dec 7, 2011, 11:03:32 PM12/7/11
to wikipublisher
Hugh, once you have upgraded your server, I'll send you a file of
presentation metadata settings (we'll call it weka, to go with kea,
tui and ruru) plus a first cut for china.sty -- between them, they go
some way towards http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/PressBooks/China

> Read *"Book: A Futurist's Manifesto"* (O'Reilly):

JR

Dec 7, 2011, 11:12:18 PM12/7/11
to wikipublisher
Thank you. I'll put up an example "soon", showing how to:
- change paper size
- change halftitle and title pages
- modify the table of contents display
- modify the running headers and footers

This feature is a Swiss Army Chainsaw.

JR

On Dec 8, 4:06 pm, Marc Laporte <marclapo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congrats!
>
> This is exciting indeed.
>
> I really like your idea of a "online library of style files to produce
> different book skins for different purposes."
>
> Best regards,
>
> M ;-)
>

> Marc Laportehttp://tiki.org/

vito

Dec 8, 2011, 6:25:44 AM12/8/11
to wikipublisher
Thank you JR,

I updated 2 pdf servers to 1.1.9. Both work fine :)

Vito