WikiPublisher or Wikipublisher or WIKIPUBLISHER?

Marc Laporte

Jan 9, 2013, 2:37:24 PM1/9/13
to wikipublisher
Hi!

1- The logo is WikiPublisher:
2- On the Home page of wikipublisher.org, it's WIKIPUBLISHER, but in
the text, it's often Wikipublisher

So what the official way of writing it?

Best regards,

--
Marc Laporte

http://MarcLaporte.com
http://Tiki.org/MarcLaporte
http://AvanTech.net
http://svg-edit.googlecode.com
http://jquerysheet.googlecode.com
http://sourceforge.net/p/jcapture-applet/

JR

Jan 14, 2013, 2:26:14 AM1/14/13
to wikipu...@googlegroups.com
The official way is WikiPublisher, but for convenience (laziness) I often write Wikipublisher.

The small caps rendering on the wikipublisher.org home page is a piece of typesetting bling. When the first letter of a book chapter is a versal (in this case a drop-cap), it is common practice to set the first few words of the first line in small caps. See Bringhurst's The Elements of Typographic Style, 2nd ed. pp 63-65. The lettrine package in LaTeX provides the print equivalent.

I would not write it in ALLCAPS; the small caps version is a consequence of its position as first word and the chosen presentation style for that page.

Hope this helps.

JR