webster groves wikipedia loves libraries event and BHL

Trish Rose-Sandler

Nov 12, 2012, 10:17:19 AM11/12/12
to wikipe...@googlegroups.com

I’m posting this to the group since I didn’t realize I had only sent this to Mark.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Trish Rose-Sandler <troses...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mark

Friday Dec 7th works better for us than Sat as far as doing a presentation on our project to the Wikipedia Loves Libraries audience.  Anytime between 9-2pm is good.

As for just meeting with wikipedians and BHL we can either do that the same day  or a different day.  Ideally we'd want as many wikipedians as possible to attend so Birgite can  you let us know your availability?

Thanks!  Trish Rose-Sandler, Missouri Botanical Garden

Trish

Anytime Friday should definitely work for me so the preferred time should defer to Birgitte or anyone else who needs to come. I am preliminarily planning to have an edit-a-thon where we will improve a designated article, hopefully to "Good Article" status. I would like to get at least a handful of Wikipedians to attend. If need be, I will also broadcast the presentation on Google+ to anyone who can't make it. I haven't yet invited anyone outside of Wikipedia to the event. Maybe MoBot could invite interested Webster University students for a peek? I'm thinking the BHL meeting would be best to be held on that day.

Mark

Trish Rose-Sandler
Data Analyst, Center for Biodiversity Informatics (CBI)
Missouri Botanical Garden, St. Louis MO
(314) 577-9473 x6396
skype: trish.rose1

Mark Schierbecker

Dec 3, 2012, 5:03:38 AM12/3/12
to wikipe...@googlegroups.com
So is this thing still happening? I can still make it work but if we need to find another date I'll be mostly available until Jan. 20 (but not the week around Christmas). Videoconferencing this is always an option too.

Mark