requesting write acces

Vijay Kumar Ulaganathan

Nov 27, 2023, 2:38:59 PM11/27/23
to wikipathways-discuss
Dear Wikipathway Team,
I have created a wikipathway called "FGFR4 p.G388R signaling pathway.gpml" (attached with this message). I would like to upload to the wikipathway website.
Could you please provide me write access so that I can upload it directly using the pathvisio?
In addition, I am also interested in creating and maintaining a wikicommunity.

Many thanks
Pr. Dr. rer. nat. Vijay K. Ulaganathan
@VK_Ulaganathan

FGFR4 p.G388R signaling pathway.gpml

Kristina Hanspers

Nov 27, 2023, 2:39:56 PM11/27/23
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your interest in WikiPathways. I have updated the permissions on your account, to allow for upload via PathVisio.

WikiPathways just moved to a new platform and our new site contains only approved pathways that have undergone review. Consequently, newly uploaded pathways will be immediately available on the classic site (classic.wikipathways.org), but will not be visible on the main site until they are approved.

Once a pathway is uploaded to WikiPathways classic, the process of including them on the new site is as follows:

  • Pathways under construction: If your pathway is still under construction, keep the "Under Construction" tag. You can keep working on the pathway and it will stay on the classic site.

  • Completed pathways: If your pathway is complete, remove the "Under Construction" tag. The pathway will be reviewed by our Community Editors, and once it is approved it will be made available on the new site. This process typically takes 5-7 days right now.

Resources to get started:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kristina

WikiPathways Admin

Vijay Kumar Ulaganathan

Nov 28, 2023, 12:31:17 PM11/28/23
to wikipathways-discuss
Dear Kristina,
Thank you very much for the write access. I will upload the pathway and curate it once again before changing the "Under Construction" Tag.
I look forward to authoring more pathways.
Yes, I have one more question. I would like to create and maintain a community called "Immune Signaling Pathways in Cancer and Autoimmunity".  I will go through the documentation on how to create a new community.
Could you please approve it, once it is created?

Many thanks
Vijay

Kristina Hanspers

Nov 28, 2023, 1:39:28 PM11/28/23
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vijay,

Here's the documentation on creating a new Community: https://www.wikipathways.org/help_communities.html

The creation and editing of Community pages requires a GitHub account. Creating a Community involves creating two new files; a file describing the Community and a list of associated pathways. Once you have a new Community page and pathway list ready, you will create two pull requests using GitHub, which will then be approved by one of the admins. Let me know if you have any questions, and let me know if the documentation is unclear in any way.

Regards,

Kristina

Vijay Kumar Ulaganathan

Nov 28, 2023, 3:43:32 PM11/28/23
to wikipathways-discuss
Thanks Kristina,
I will try it out and let you know if I face any issue.
Kind regards
Vijay