WikiPathways Alzheimer's disease and Type I interferon signalling

George D. XVII

Dec 14, 2021, 1:48:10 PM12/14/21
to wikipathwa...@googlegroups.com
Dear WikiPathways team,

I am contacting you in order to suggest  a subcategory in the Alzheimer's disease (Homo Sapiens) pathway that will include Type I interferon signalling in microglia. There are several experiments suggesting close ties between neuroinflammation and neurodegeneration via Type I IFN signalling, and several new interferon stimulated genes implicated in these processes. If it would help, I could provide a summary.

Best,

George

Dr George D. Vavougios, M.D., Ph.D.

  1. Visiting Academic (Lecturer), Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cyprus, 75 Kallipoleos Street, P.C. 1678, Lefkosia, Cyprus.
  1. Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Biopolis, P.C. 41500 Larissa, Greece
  1. Scientific Research Associate, Department of Neurology, Athens Naval Hospital, 70 Deinokratous Street, P.C. 115 21 Athens, Greece

Alex Pico

Dec 14, 2021, 2:12:10 PM12/14/21
to wikipathways-discuss
Hi George,

Yes, please do share a summary. Pointers to papers (especially those containing pathway diagram figures) are particularly useful.

Feel free to open a new request ticket using our template, or send via email and I’ll transfer it to the ticket system.

If helpful, here are some of potentially related pathways already in our collection:

Thanks!
 - Alex