WikiEducator News

Patricia Schlicht

Jun 29, 2009, 7:17:52 PM6/29/09
to wikied...@googlegroups.com, wik...@googlegroups.com, wikipa...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

Good news for our community. The New Zealand Ministry of Education has signed off on a project to establish a national OER collaboration for New Zealand schools using WikiEducator.  The project aims to:

  1. Build capability and support community development for NZ teachers working on OER.
  2. Make the wiki easier to use for all teachers for authoring, searching, and reusing OER content.
  3. Seed the development of OER exemplars mapped to the NZ curriculum.

The New Zealand Ministry of Education has agreed to fund the first year of the project outlined in this proposal:

http://wikieducator.org/Funding_proposals/Reusable_and_portable_content_for_New_Zealand_schools.

I'd like to encourage all WikiEducator teachers to take a look at the proposal and see how we may be able to replicate national OER collaborations in your respective countries.

All our planning documentation and resources will naturally be licensed under free content licenses, which you can reuse and adpat for your local context :-). Similarly all tools developed will be freely available for adoption and use by all WikiEducators.

Well done WikiEducator --- another natioinal OER initiave for our community!

Cheers
Wayne

(Note there are a few minor tweaks on the budget allocations which must still be updated in the wiki.)

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director,

Patricia Schlicht

Programme Assistant

COMMONWEALTH OF LEARNING

LEARNING FOR DEVELOPMENT.

COL is an intergovernmental organisation created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning and distance education knowledge, resources and technologies.

Suite 1200 - 1055 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC  V6E 2E9  Canada
PH: +1.604.775.8227 | FAX: +1.604.775.8210 | WEB: www.col.org | E-MAIL: psch...@col.org

The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open and Distance Learning will take place in Cochin, India, in November 2010 (exact date to be announced later). It will be hosted in collaboration with the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).

 A 'Green' reminder: P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Thank you.