Minutes for weekly project meeting 2012-09-13

Ian Sullivan

Sep 13, 2012, 3:09:42 PM9/13/12
to wiki...@googlegroups.com
* Indian org cooperation
Waiting for contact confirming workshop and participants.
* NY Workshop
Blog post up
(http://blog.wikiotics.net/2012/09/workshop_and_dimsum/), invites out to
local contacts. Next step in recruitment is HS outreach? Other
suggestions welcome
* odesk
- http://wikiotics.org/user/katzp339/Lesson_1?view=edit

Two contributors previously discussed have been hired for "build a
collection" job, both focusing on A1-S1 level of material in preparation
for October workshop + KidsOnComputers offline deployment.

Considering hiring the above lesson's author for shorter position
just writing the meetup101 audio lessons previously discussed.

* Kids on Computers partnering
Everything in place for the October workshop.

* Visual editor
See traffic on mailing list. Can now include our internal macros for
listing lessons with a certain tag. Interface for adding internal wiki
links is still in progress. Inserting individual picture and audio
elements is yet to be built. Laurent is continuing to lead this effort.

* Cut and paste between lessons
Individual elements are now copy and paste-able through use of html5
localstorage. This does not yet work for audio or picture elements that
have been added to a cell but not actually saved to the server yet.
Horizontal row selection is a work in progress but doing the same for
columns or for a free-form selection is much more complicated, partly
because of the way out data is stored as a series of nested variables.

* Planning for Laurent's migration
- wikibabel redirection
In addition to the existing page re-directs we will be referring
all requests for non-existent wikibabel/*.html pages back to the
wikibabel welcome page explaining the move to wikiotics.
- moving piwik to foundation vps
Copying everything over to our hupa server, database included.