Weekly email for 2012-10-04

1 view

Ian Sullivan

Oct 4, 2012, 4:58:38 PM10/4/12
to wiki...@googlegroups.com
* Review of last week's priorities:
Ian
1 blog
2 India prep
3 Drum up crowd for October conf
4 prep odesk lessons for conference

Jim
1 wiki babel re-direct
2 Build example lesson with multiple audio columns
3 piwik stuff merged in

Laurent
1 Pre-workshop Bugs
2 Lesson search page
3 ? Local picture upload

* NY October 13th workshop update.
Things going well. 6 people confirmed so far and new groups joining in
the announcement. Invited Columbia's Community outreach group yesterday
and we are now an official event of a large NYC MeetUp group
(http://www.meetup.com/esl-426/)

* India workshop
Finally crystallizing. Should be able to formally announce next week.

* odesk
Some great work coming in from two main contributors, with two more
likely to start showing up next week.

* Visual editor
Just need some testing and tire-kicking on the devbox but no known
reason to hold back deploying to the main site.

* Lesson searching
There is a prototype search page available on the devbox at
http://laurent.dev.wikiotics.net/special/search?tag=target-language:en
and an ongoing discussion on the ductus developer mailing list under the
thread "[ductus-developers] lesson search page"

* PyCon
We have an active application for next year's PyCon. Jim is taking the
lead on this one.

* Upcoming Features
- Uploading photos from local computers
- Pointing the recording widget at arbitrary series of lessons

Both of these are planned for helping the various workshops in October.
More details over the next week as they develop.