WikiLook - Migration to WebExtension

Pepe P

Nov 3, 2017, 1:45:44 PM11/3/17
to WikiLook
Will there be an update for the new technology with FF 57??

Can someone help me to migrate the add-on to WebExtension? I don't know how it can be done.

I have a bug-free modified version, explanation at the bottom:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/mcv6pi86m7t3lhe/wikilook-2.7.1-sm+fx.xpi

"SOLUTIONS:

a)

With ff21, I get a syntax error in the error console, that stops wikilook 2.7.0 from finishing loading.

In the file chrome/wikilook/content/wikilook.js line 4746 is not valid syntax in the newer javascript engine:
globalPackageWL.WikiLook_Overlay.PMaker.WLWTajaxCallbackImpl(res.expandtemplates.*);

Changing that line to an alternate equivalent syntax:
globalPackageWL.WikiLook_Overlay.PMaker.WLWTajaxCallbackImpl(res.expandtemplates['*']);

works for me - all of wikilook is functional with ff21.

Contrary to what has been mentioned, I don't see where wikilook is using the deprecated E2X syntax.
In any case, that wouldn't require a complete re-write."

Michael@Oz

Nov 3, 2017, 6:46:28 PM11/3/17
to WikiLook
I'm not the developer, but, almost certainly not.
It is not a trivial exercise, I had a brief look into it.

You can keep using it vie Pale Moon, a Firefox variant which is not going the WebExtensions way.
http://www.palemoon.org/