Feature Request - Disable WikiLook when actually on Wikipedia!

Sadena

Apr 24, 2011, 2:51:59 PM4/24/11
to WikiLook
I've found this tool to be fairly useful, sometimes annoying, but
useful. But it makes no sense for it to show me Wikipedia pages when
I am on Wikipedia. If I want the next page I'll just click the link!

Vitaly V.

Apr 24, 2011, 2:55:23 PM4/24/11
to wiki...@googlegroups.com
Disable "automatic new frames" in option dialog, Advanced tab. Or make it much longer.

Vitaly

Michael Marx

Apr 24, 2011, 5:46:06 PM4/24/11
to wiki...@googlegroups.com

Vitaly,

  1. I find pop-up in Wikipedia very useful,
  2. I’m on 2.7.0 and don’t have a “automatic new frames” option? Just “Delay value…” Something wrong?

Michael

Antagony

Dec 3, 2012, 7:17:24 AM12/3/12
to wiki...@googlegroups.com
I second this request. I generally like having the the automatic popup when I'm on another site, but find it pretty annoying on Wikipedia as almost every link – of which there are usually hundreds – is to another Wikipedia page.

As some people evidently don't mind it, perhaps it could be made into an option?

Michael Marx

Dec 3, 2012, 7:30:26 AM12/3/12
to wiki...@googlegroups.com

A No vote for it to be standard behaviour, Ok with it being an option, although it is still really useful when in Wikipedia IMHO. You get used to avoiding the hyerlinks…