Ethics statement

Mikael Häggström

Dec 10, 2017, 9:56:32 AM12/10/17
to WikiJournal (currently at Wikiversity), wijo...@googlegroups.com, wiki...@googlegroups.com, Wiki...@googlegroups.com
Hi all WikiJournal participants,

I've now written a draft of an ethics statement to contain the main topics from the Committee on Publication Ethics: WikiJournal of Medicine/Draft of ethics statement
This was started as a statement for WikiJournal of Medicine, but it seems best to have one common ethics statement for all WikiJournals. Do you agree with this?
Also, additions and corrections are very welcome. In particular, there are some headers of possible topics to add, but with yet no text. I suggest that we remove all headers of empty sections in 2 weeks, so that we can move forward and ratify the ethics statement.

I recommend that we continue the discussion in the wiki: Talk:WikiJournal_User_Group#Ethics_statement

Best regards,

Mikael

Jitendra Kumar Sinha

Dec 10, 2017, 12:15:04 PM12/10/17
to WikiJournal participants, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wiki...@googlegroups.com, Wiki...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think it's better to have two lists of ethics statements for all the journals: (1) Common to all journals, and (2) Journal specific. This is because experimental and research topics covering human samples, animal usage, etc. should (may) be dealt differently as compared to the topics in Humanities.

Jitendra

Mikael Häggström

Jan 4, 2018, 4:00:45 PM1/4/18
to WikiJournal participants, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wiki...@googlegroups.com, Wiki...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We can actually use wiki templates to achieve both at the same time. We can have a separate ethics statement page for each journal, where for example the duties of peer reviewers uses this template: [1]
It automatically links to the specific peer reviewers' page for the journal. With these templates we can also change the wording for particular journals, such as saying "patients" in the medical journal and "study subjects" in others, or add entire sentences that only fits a particular journal.

I think we should use such templates generally for the journal, so that any improvement will show up in all journals at the same time.

Let's continue this discussion online: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:WikiJournal_User_Group#Ethics_statement

Best regards,

Mikael

Jitendra