WikiJournal of Science can be an acceptable source in Wikipedia

Mikael Häggström

Dec 10, 2017, 10:33:32 AM12/10/17
to WikiJournal (currently at Wikiversity), wiki...@googlegroups.com, wijo...@googlegroups.com, Wiki...@googlegroups.com
Hi all WikiJournal participants,

The outcome of a discussion at Wikipedia:Reliable_sources/Noticeboard#WikiJournal_of_Science is basically that WikiJournal of Science can be an acceptable source in Wikipedia. I've made an update in its guidelines WikiJournal_of_Science/Editorial_guidelines#Wikipedia_inclusion. I also mentioned it on its Publishing page, because I think this is a major incentive for authors, to potentially reach the sometimes hundreds of thousands of readers every month for the most popular Wikipedia articles.

WikiJSci has actually surpassed WikiJMed in this regard, since Wikipedia inclusion of material in the latter is mainly restricted to images [inclusion guidelines]. Still, those underlying discussions [1] took place before there was a requirement for at least 2 independent reviewers for each article, and when participation was much lower. I therefore think the topic can be brought up again in a near future, but I think we should first see the response to the first usages of WikiJSci articles as Wikipedia references.

Best regards,

Mikael