[Action required] New associate editor applications require comment

Thomas Shafee

Mar 22, 2018, 6:42:21 AM3/22/18
to wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
Hello all,

There is a new application to join as an associate editor:
https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:WikiJournal_of_Medicine/Associate_editors

It would be ideal if you could review the application (pasted below for reference) and state whether you support or oppose their addition to the board (edit link should work).

All the best,
Thomas

Application of Theodoros Aslanidis[edit source]

Theodoros Aslanidis Md, PhD (website)
Areas of expertise: Critical care, Emergency medicine, Anesthesiology, Medical writting, Data analysis

Relevant experience:

Professional - National Center of Emergency Care, ICU - AHEPA Univ. Hospital, Anesthesiology Dep- GH of Thessaloniki Hippokration
Publishing - Edorium J intensive Care, Greek e j Perioperative Medicine, Int Arch Med
Open - Coursera Translator, Cohrane Crowd, Mendeley advisor

I confirm that I will act in accordance with the policies of the WikiJournal of Medicine. Thaslan (discuss • contribs) 14:42, 20 March 2018 (UTC)

--

AgriBio & La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science | Postdoctoral research fellow

Profiles at ResearchGate | LinkedIn | GScholar | AltMetricWikipedia

Gwinyai Masukume

Mar 22, 2018, 7:30:23 AM3/22/18
to Thomas Shafee, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the heads-up.

The applicant in my view looks promising. Any Wiki experience?

Kindest regards,
Gwinyai

Thomas Shafee

Mar 22, 2018, 7:45:35 AM3/22/18
to Gwinyai Masukume, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
No direct wiki experience as far as I can find, but plenty of experience in open access (e.g journals) and collaborative projects (e.g. publons). I've put a question up for them about their journal experience.

Gwinyai Masukume

Mar 22, 2018, 7:52:38 AM3/22/18
to Thomas Shafee, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
Great question.

Kindest regards,
Gwinyai

Mikael Häggström

Mar 23, 2018, 12:12:55 AM3/23/18
to Gwinyai Masukume, Thomas Shafee, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
Indeed, thanks for the heads-up.

I also think he seems promising, but I'll await his response.

Best regards,

Mikael

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WJM board" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/wjmboard.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wjmboard/CAN7k9TKE8Ywke%2Bt5wF9wunXb3Te57wU6fZiaPB2sjo1RCA9p_w%40mail.gmail.com.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Mar 28, 2018, 12:00:15 AM3/28/18
to Mikael Häggström, Gwinyai Masukume, Thomas Shafee, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
Interestingly his answer is still awaited. He seemed fine otherwise.

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Mikael Häggström

Apr 2, 2018, 11:49:27 PM4/2/18
to Dr. Diptanshu Das, Gwinyai Masukume, Thomas Shafee, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
I found an email address in a recent publication of his, so I've sent him a notification (email forwarded below).

Best regards,

Mikael

Apr 5, 2018, 9:48:43 AM4/5/18
to Mikael Häggström, Dr. Diptanshu Das, Gwinyai Masukume, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
The applicant has responded. I found the answer vague and didn't really allay any of my misgivings that the applicant seems to have been involved with a large number of predatory journals. I've therefore marked myself as an oppose. However, I want to make clear that others should definitely make up their own minds! I may be being overly-cautious.

All the best,
Thomas

AgriBio & La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science | Postdoctoral research fellow

Profiles at ResearchGate | LinkedIn | GScholar | AltMetricWikipedia

Gwinyai Masukume

Apr 5, 2018, 9:51:51 AM4/5/18
to Thomas Shafee, Mikael Häggström, Dr. Diptanshu Das, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard
I also oppose.