Wikimania 2018

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Mar 30, 2018, 6:00:49 AM3/30/18
to wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjsb...@googlegroups.com, WJHb...@googlegroups.com, James Heilman
Dear All

My application for scholarship to attend Wikimania 2018 at Capetown in July 2018 has been approved. Hopefully I would be attending Wikimania this year. Would anybody else be attending from WJM, WJS and WJH?

Unfortunately the last date of submission of papers is already over and I had not submitted any proposals for this year. I would have liked to reach out to people and present about WikiJournal but am not sure if there would be an official scope. Unofficially I would definitely reach out. Wanted to know whether any proposals have been placed from WJM, WJS and WJH?

Also wanted to enquire if the organisers could be reached out and a special request could be placed.

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Gwinyai Masukume

Mar 30, 2018, 6:03:02 AM3/30/18
to Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjsb...@googlegroups.com, WJHb...@googlegroups.com, James Heilman
Congrats Diptanshu!!

Kindest regards,
Gwinyai

Apologies for brevity and typos - sent from mobile

Thomas Shafee

Mar 30, 2018, 7:20:25 AM3/30/18
to Gwinyai Masukume, Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjsb...@googlegroups.com, WJHb...@googlegroups.com, James Heilman
Excellent news Diptanshu. I am certain you'll make a great unofficial ambassador for the journals. I hear that interacting with that many Wikipedians at Wikimania is really unique.

I'll not be at cape town, but I might apply for the Sweden one in 2019. I'll add the application to the calendar wen its announced.

Thomas

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WJM board" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/wjmboard.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wjmboard/CAN7k9T%2BXsUwkXv9ibbeDKgBrJ7ue56%2BVfDG2Fr50csPsJLfiVw%40mail.gmail.com.

AgriBio & La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science | Postdoctoral research fellow

Profiles at ResearchGate | LinkedIn | GScholar | AltMetricWikipedia

James Heilman

Mar 30, 2018, 12:34:56 PM3/30/18
to Jackie, Thomas Shafee, Gwinyai Masukume, Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjsb...@googlegroups.com, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
Hey All

There is a specific tract for medicine that I am involved with arranging. Would love to have you present at it.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 7:04 AM, Jackie <jackie....@gmail.com> wrote:
Congrats, Diptanshu! This is wonderful news!

I would suggest you ask the organizers if an exception could be made and submit a proposal. There might be room on the schedule once presenters accept or decline, since not everyone is able to attend. There are also opportunities to speak during lightning talks and informal round table gatherings. That might be an option to speak about the journals.

I am attending Wikimania as well. I should arrive on July 17.  I did not submit a proposal specifically about WikiJournals, but I am sure if my proposals are accepted, I can mention the journals during those sessions.

See you there!

Jackie

--
Jackie Koerner, Ph.D.
Researcher & Visiting Scholar

On Fri 30 Mar 2018, 11:00 Dr. Diptanshu Das <das.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Mar 30, 2018, 1:05:06 PM3/30/18
to James Heilman, Jackie, Thomas Shafee, Gwinyai Masukume, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjsb...@googlegroups.com, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
James

That would be great. However, I was also looking for a scope to reach out to a broader audience with the message of WikiJournal as a whole, if possible.

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

James Heilman

Mar 30, 2018, 1:12:57 PM3/30/18
to Dr. Diptanshu Das, Jackie, Thomas Shafee, Gwinyai Masukume, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjsb...@googlegroups.com, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
And the track of medical talks will be open to however is interested. Additionally it will occur during the main conference.

James Heilman

Mar 31, 2018, 4:19:23 PM3/31/18
to Mikael Häggström, Dr. Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
Applications for the medicine track are to me. Happy to give someone 15 min to present.

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Mikael Häggström <editor....@wikijmed.org> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am delighted to hear about those of you who are able to attend! If you find the opportunity to hold a presentation, then the WikiJMed presentation can be adapted for other journals as well, preferably to present the project as a whole: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4LQzkvkbO9YcUtVSENTTnlOdzg/view

Although I won't be able to attend this year's Wikimania, I will definitely be able to attend the one in Sweden next year. I've added the presumed deadline for submissions to our calendar so that it won't escape our attention.

Best regards,

Mikael

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Mar 31, 2018, 6:58:00 PM3/31/18
to James Heilman, Mikael Häggström, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks James

I would like to take the opportunity. I suppose that I would have to add a proposal. Could you tell me how to do it? My EasyChair account username is Diptanshu.

Regards
Diptanshu

James Heilman

Mar 31, 2018, 7:29:01 PM3/31/18
to Dr. Diptanshu Das, Mikael Häggström, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com

Mikael Häggström

Netha Hussain

Apr 2, 2018, 11:49:27 PM4/2/18
to Dr. Diptanshu Das, James Heilman, Mikael Häggström, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I have a WMF scholarship, and if all goes well, I will be attending Wikimania in South Africa. Although I have made a few submissions for Wikimania, they are all unrelated to WikiJournals. I shall be happy to talk about Wikijournals unofficially at meetups, lightening talks or during other discussions.

Since the last date of submission for Wikimania is now passed, it is not possible to submit through Easychair. Unfortunately, the program committee cannot accept additional proposals since the review process has already started (I am a member of the Program Committee for Wikimania 2018, and we are currently reviewing the submissions).

I think that James has other plans, involving creating a parallel track for Medicine where the talks are chosen not by the Program Committee, but by another panel involving experts in Medicine. It should be possible for Diptanshu to discuss with James directly and plan to talk about WJM.

Regards
Netha

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WJM board" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/wjmboard.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wjmboard/CADcdAx_WmWMngXk9F1sQ53W2aK%3DMx_WqeEztVdNvw917YkfNyg%40mail.gmail.com.

Netha Hussain
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology
University of Gothenburg, Sweden

Athikhun Suwannakhan

Apr 2, 2018, 11:49:27 PM4/2/18
to Thomas Shafee, Diptanshu Das, Gwinyai Masukume, James Heilman, WJHb...@googlegroups.com, wijo...@googlegroups.com, wjmboard, wjsb...@googlegroups.com
Congrats! I’ve also received scholarship to attend Wikimania.

Athikhun

Jackie