Nominations and endorsements for Wikimedia Foundation

1 view

Mikael Häggström

Apr 29, 2019, 12:14:38 AM4/29/19
to WikiJournal (currently at Wikiversity), wiki...@googlegroups.com, WikiJHum mailing list, wiki...@googlegroups.com
Hello all WikiJournal participants,

WikiJournal, as a User Group now have one day left of the nominations and endorsements step of the upcoming Board of Trustees election for the Wikimedia Foundation: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:WikiJournal_User_Group#Update_about_the_Affiliate-selected_Board_seats_process_2019

I am registered as the spokesperson in this process, but I don't see any name mentioned from our group yet, so unless you want to nominate anyone I will make no nomination for our group.

Best regards,

Mikael

Thomas Shafee

Apr 29, 2019, 1:32:48 AM4/29/19
to Mikael Häggström, WikiJournal (currently at Wikiversity), wiki...@googlegroups.com, WikiJHum mailing list, wiki...@googlegroups.com
For reference, the nominees are listed here.

Gwinyai Masukume

Apr 29, 2019, 2:16:04 AM4/29/19
to Thomas Shafee, Mikael Häggström, WikiJournal (currently at Wikiversity), wiki...@googlegroups.com, WikiJHum mailing list, wiki...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Kindest regards,
Gwinyai

Apologies for brevity and typos - sent from mobile

Mark Worthen

Apr 29, 2019, 4:43:52 PM4/29/19
to Gwinyai Masukume, Thomas Shafee, Mikael Häggström, WikiJournal (currently at Wikiversity), wiki...@googlegroups.com, WikiJHum mailing list, wiki...@googlegroups.com
I don't know anything about the candidates.

I trust Gwinyai. :O)

All the best,

Mark
--
Mark D Worthen PsyD
PO BOX 980130

Athikhun Suwannakhan

Apr 30, 2019, 1:44:33 AM4/30/19
to Mark Worthen, Gwinyai Masukume, Thomas Shafee, Mikael Häggström, WikiJournal (currently at Wikiversity), wiki...@googlegroups.com, WikiJHum mailing list, wiki...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I propose user:taweetham. Despite his young age, he's an associate professor of theoretical quantum chemistry. He started editing Wikipedia in 2006, and remained main coordinator of our Thailand's user group for 10 years (until I took his place). He has a very diverse and multidisciplinary background. He also has a strong interest in education, technology and a degree in law. He worked for 4 years as Assistant Dean for Information Technology at the college where I graduated.

He has made a lot of impact to our user group. Our group was essentially next to non-existence a decade ago. He was the one who solidified the community. In 2014 I was introduced to the movement by him. We have worked closely together ever since for education programme, user group activities, and chapter recognition (which we've already applied). I strongly believe that his inputs and his presence in the board would be highly beneficial for WMF, as they have been for WMTH.

I'm publishing an article with him regarding the quality of Wikipedia medical content (will be accepted for publication very soon). The work that he and I are doing could be used a model for other researchers to evaluate the quality Wikipedia scientific content.

Best,
Athikhun