Re-elections of board members, editor-in-chief and assistant

Mikael Häggström

Oct 30, 2018, 2:37:36 PM10/30/18
to wjmb...@googlegroups.com, wijo...@googlegroups.com

Hi all WikiJMed participants,

As per the bylaws of WikiJMed "Editorial Board Members shall serve four-year terms. There is no limit to the number of terms any individual Editorial Board Member may serve." [1]

In the editorial board of WikiJMed [2], there are 3 members whose current term ends on January 1, 2019: Mikael Häggström (myself), Gwinyai Masukume (Assistant editor-in-chief) and Lisa Kipersztok.
I think an appropriate first step in a re-election is for the person to actively apply for it. I therefore now add myself at the WikiJMed main talk page:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:WikiJournal_of_Medicine

I advise the other two to do the same if interested in continuing at the positions. I am sure many participants know us pretty well already, but just in case, we can re-introduce ourselves too, preferably by the template as I used.

Also, as per the bylaws, Eligible voters for Editorial Board Member elections are:
(a) Current Editorial Board Members
(b) Peer reviewers of Wiki.J.Med. who have completed at least one peer review.
(c) Editors with at least 30 edits to Wiki.J.Med. pages.
(d) Not an individual voting for herself/himself.

Similarly, Gwinyai Masukume and I are approaching the end of our terms as Assistant editor-in-chief and Editor-in-chief, respectively. I again re-apply as a candidate, although mainly as Assistant editor-in-chief:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:WikiJournal_of_Medicine

I want all those who are interested to make similar applications. As per the bylaws, "The Assistant to the Editor-in-chief is appointed by consensus in the Editorial Board", but I welcome input from all participants.

Best regards,

Mikael