WikiJournal - A new form of open access publishing

Dr. Diptanshu Das

May 2, 2018, 12:27:56 AM5/2/18
to wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
Hi

In April 2017, I had presented a paper at Conference on 'Open Access: The Road to Freedom'. The abstracts in the post-conference volume have been released. The size of the download is a bit large (118 MB). The abstract for our presentation WikiJournal - A new form of open access publishing is located on page 30 of the volume (page 49 of the pdf).

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Thomas Shafee

May 2, 2018, 1:16:00 AM5/2/18
to Dr. Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
Good work Diptanshu! Attached is a version with just the paper and the conference information for sharing.

"WikiJournal - A new form of open access publishing", Das D, Shafee T, Masukume G, Häggström M. Society for Information Science 2017 (33)
doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.17634.43206

AgriBio & La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science | Postdoctoral research fellow

Profiles at ResearchGate | LinkedIn | GScholar | AltMetricWikipedia

Das et al SIS 2017 fulltext.pdf

Andrew Leung

May 10, 2018, 11:30:20 PM5/10/18
to Dr. Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com

Before reading your paper, I had no idea that the term "Diamond" open access even has a name (even the wiki page of open access didn't mention this word).

Aside from this and WikiJournal of Medicine, are there any journals out there that are truly "diamond", i.e. both author and reader don't need to pay?

Andrew

May 11, 2018, 1:19:01 AM5/11/18
to Andrew Leung, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com, Sridhar Gutam
Dear Andrew

There are indeed a number of journals that are devoid of APC (article processing charges for author) or subscription fees (for readers). You can browse the list by going to the DOAJ site, then you need to click search, select 'journals' from the side panel, select APC: No, and bingo, you have the list. You can refine the list by adding and removing parameters to suit your needs.

You can learn more about Diamond Open Access from the following links:

I would be glad if you take the trouble of updating and enriching the Open Access article on Wikipedia with the additional things that you just learnt (and the sources).

Sridhar Gutam, who is on the Editorial Board of WJS, is the Founder & Convenor, Open Access India, and also Associate Editor, DOAJ. He could enlighten us more on the scope of the Diamond model of Open access.

On 11 May 2018 at 09:00, Andrew Leung <andrew...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Before reading your paper, I had no idea that the term "Diamond" open access even has a name (even the wiki page of open access didn't mention this word).

Aside from this and WikiJournal of Medicine, are there any journals out there that are truly "diamond", i.e. both author and reader don't need to pay?

Andrew

Roger Watson

May 11, 2018, 2:43:31 AM5/11/18
to Andrew Leung, Dr. Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com, WJS board, WJHb...@googlegroups.com
This is fascinating - and now I have to update all my PowerPoints on open access!

Roger
_____

Roger Watson| Professor of Nursing

School of Health & Social Work