Fwd: You need not be sad

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Aug 10, 2018, 3:13:15 PM8/10/18
to wijo...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dr. Diptanshu Das <das.di...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2018 at 00:40
Subject: Re: You need not be sad
To: Mikael Häggström <editor....@wikijmed.org>

Dear Mikael

Sorry for having put you through this. I remain a friendly and cooperative person and there is no issue with that. I just remain allergic to bullshit and have the guts to say out unpleasant things loud. I also am apathetic to lack of productivity and have repulsion to things that are counter-productive. I have my own system of grading people. I do not have personal conflicts with anybody, so there can be no issues with that. I mention these as these are not things that will change (till I find a reason that justifies a compromise). It was really upsetting the way things turned and I could not set things right. I do not think that I can regain the trust of those lack neutrality in their thinking and are biased. I would perhaps be best not to try.

I would remind you of the extra burden I have added upon you and Thomas. You do need to address the discrimination issue. You also need to update the bylaws about who can vote in electoral issues pertaining to the respective journals. You might need to define who can send emails to the board specific mailing list(s). I will also urge on trying to eventually get wikimedia mailing lists specifically for each of the boards. First generate consensus among members and then approach the appropriate authorities.

Possibly I would look into the gadget issue soon irrespective of who else participates, but it would be helpful to have Thomas along as he is much more technically sound than I am. I will update the Wikidata items for the journal articles till date. On the other hand I would urge you to upload xml files for metadata on DOAJ. This is possibly long overdue. Let me know if you have any proposal about where we could publish an updated form of the article on WikiJournal, the abstract of which was published at SIS 2017. Consider building a template message to send to the participants of various WikiProjects. I will start working on this soon after. Plan and launch an article submission drive if possible. Consider an informal interaction with the sister project affiliation committee. Consider if you would like to join WAME. Consider if you would like to make an early application to SCOPUS Web of Science. Explore Publons and other similar options. Follow up with freejournals.org. Consider getting the Twitter accounts verified. Discuss with James about a list of Wikipedia articles which possibly are worthwhile to get reviewed through WJM, and contact the primary authors. Consider a Signpost publication. So, in short, there is pretty much to get worked up about. Surely enough, people can work on it when they feel that they have a scope.

If possible, initiate some conversation with new members like Keith and Eric, and get to know them better. This is essential to be able to work as a team.

Not sure whether I would attend Wikimania Sweden in 2019. If I do, I hope to meet you face to face.

Will keep you updated. Hope to hear back from you once in a while. Do not hesitate to call upon me, if you feel me needed. I am not sure if I would like to reapply, but let the windows remain open.

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 at 22:59, Mikael Häggström <editor....@wikijmed.org> wrote:
Hello Diptanshu,

Thank you for those words. I do hope we will all again become a fully cooperative community where we can work together without personal conflicts. Having seen so much beneficial contributions from you in the past, it was sad to see how things turned out this time. Indeed, you are free to contribute online in all the public spaces of the journals, and I think that gives lots of opportunities to regain trust among journal members.

You will now no longer receive emails posted to wjmb...@googlegroups.com, but you will reach us by sending emails to it, and you can still subscribe to the public email lists at wijo...@googlegroups.com and wikijou...@lists.wikimedia.org. I will try to forward to those when possible. I still urge you to be very cautious now, and think one extra time before adding any comments.

Best regards,

Mikael

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Dr. Diptanshu Das <das.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mikael

Your words seem sad. You need not be. When I said that the position does not matter to me I said the truth. I do not need any position to contribute to what I love. I would still contribute when I can. May be I would not be a part of the regular happenings. It does have a good side. I was gasping for time and here I have more time available.

You and Thomas (surely others as well) have much a long way to pull through.

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Akshay S Dinesh

Aug 11, 2018, 1:43:51 AM8/11/18
to Dr. Diptanshu Das, wijo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diptanshu,

This doesn't give any context, but I can infer.
Please continue your great work.

Akshay