Dyslexia article

Mark Worthen

Aug 6, 2019, 5:25:05 PM8/6/19
to WikiJMed
I had some concerns about the Dyslexia article. The authors responded promptly, politely, and professionally to the concerns I (and others) posted

I can't remember the precise context, but a couple of months ago I had planned to review the article mainly for copy-editing, but also to make sure statements were adequately supported by their cited references. Unfortunately, time constraints resulted in my failure to follow through on that commitment.

At this point I don't think it's fair to the authors to drag out the review any longer. Thus, if the editors for the article—Eric Youngstrom and Jitendra Kumar Sinha—decide the article is "good to go", i.e., ready to move to Stages 6 and 7, then I support whatever decision the editors make.

Part of my reasoning is that if I or anyone else discovers problems with grammar, syntax, etc. (or citations not supporting a statement) then we judiciously edit the Wikipedia article. Plus, it's a good article per Wikipedia standards, and it has received extensive review.

Thanks!

Mark
--
Mark D Worthen PsyD
PO BOX 980130

Eric Youngstrom, Ph.D.

Aug 12, 2019, 9:45:25 PM8/12/19
to Mark Worthen, WikiJMed
Thanks, Mark,
I am fully in favor of moving forward in terms of peer review. Thanks for writing. This has been weighing on me, and the delay is a combination of inexperience and not being able to use small bits of time to move this as I would do with other reviews simply because I am still clumsy with the mechanics of editing.

Best to all,

Eric Youngstrom, PhD

Eric Youngstrom, Ph.D   .
Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry
Acting Director, Center for Excellence in Research and Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Davie Hall, CB3270
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3270
e...@unc.edu

Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Psychiatry, and Applied Social Sciences
Case Western Reserve University

Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Korea University

Thomas Shafee

Aug 19, 2019, 3:54:54 AM8/19/19
to Eric Youngstrom, Ph.D., Mark Worthen, WikiJMed
Just a note to say that Eric mentioned to me that he's planning on done a last copy edit on this one in the coming week or two. After which, below are the steps for the publication process along with a short video!

  1. Move the page to 'WikiJournal_of_Medicine/Dyslexia'
  2. Assign DOI via crossref (password listed here) - should be 10.15347/wjm/2019.004
  3. Add acceptance date and doi to template at top of article
  4. Email the authors (suggested template)
  5. The longest step is to format up the PDF using this template. I'm happy to assist in this (I enjoy typesetting) unless anyone has a student they can put to the task!
All the best,
Thomas