WMCON 2018

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Apr 21, 2018, 5:40:01 PM4/21/18
to Netha Hussain, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Netha

I hope that you have attended the Wikimedia Conference 2018 in Berlin (20 to 22 April, 2018). How did it go? Was there a scope to discuss about WikiJournals even unofficially? We are eager to learn about your experience. You can answer after you are back.

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

James Heilman

Apr 22, 2018, 3:07:33 AM4/22/18
to Diptanshu Das, Netha Hussain, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com
Discussed with a few people. Mentioned effort to become independent sister project.

Netha Hussain

Apr 24, 2018, 2:11:32 PM4/24/18
to James Heilman, Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Diptanshu,

The conference was productive and I discussed about WikiJournal of Medicine with a few people. I introduced the journal to two students (who are Wikimedians) whose background is in medicine. In the strategy discussion surrounding expanding Wikimedia projects to embrace diverse knowledge forms, I brought up academic knowledge and original research as underrepresented knowledge forms in Wikimedia, and mentioned the case of WikiJournals. In a one-to-one conversation with an influential WMF employee, I mentioned how academics overlook Wikipedia's reliability and asked him to possibly design solutions for engaging academicians in Wikimedia movement and cited WJM as an example.

Regards
Netha

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018, 23:40 Dr. Diptanshu Das <das.di...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Netha

I hope that you have attended the Wikimedia Conference 2018 in Berlin (20 to 22 April, 2018). How did it go? Was there a scope to discuss about WikiJournals even unofficially? We are eager to learn about your experience. You can answer after you are back.

Regards
Diptanshu

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Netha Hussain
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology
University of Gothenburg, Sweden

Gwinyai Masukume

Apr 24, 2018, 2:30:15 PM4/24/18
to Netha Hussain, James Heilman, Diptanshu Das, wjmboard, wijo...@googlegroups.com