WikiJHum presubmission inquiry about original research article

Thomas Shafee

Aug 5, 2018, 8:32:58 PM8/5/18
to WikiJHum mailing list
Hello all,

Amelia Buttress has contacted me asking whether WikiJHum would be interested in a particular original research topic.

"...I’d love to write something at the intersection of [humanities and public health] (about the commons as well as the need for humanities and scientists to be concerned about form (platforms included), synthesis, and reworking our relationship to the public. I’ve been teaching a class about poverty and health that integrates introductions to media history and ideology, all with the goal of incorporating an appreciation of the cultural commons as a necessary component of how we should conceptualize poverty and the continued belief that, as has been said, it’s been easier to imagine the end of the world via ecology catastrophe or nuclear destruction than a new form of social organization."

I've also forwarded the full email below. As always, I'll leave editorial decisions up to the board.
All the best,
Thomas

Aug 6, 2018, 1:55:56 AM8/6/18
to Thomas Shafee, WikiJHum mailing list
In my view, it sounds as something that I'd let the reviewers decide, the pitch itself is interesting.

Best,

Dj

Frances Di Lauro

Aug 6, 2018, 7:03:39 AM8/6/18
to Thomas Shafee, WikiJHum mailing list

Hi everyone

Can we ask her for an abstract, title, keywords etc?

All the best

Frances