Introduction

1 view

Rachel Wexelbaum

Mar 25, 2018, 7:31:12 PM3/25/18
to WikiJHum
Hi Everyone,

How are you doing? My name is Rachel Wexelbaum (User:RachelWex on Wikipedia) and I was invited by Thomas to serve as an editor for the new WikiJournal of the Humanities. Could someone get me caught up on where the journal is, what we are doing right now to solicit manuscripts (or if we already have some), and what is the plan for number of issues per year and if they will be themed or not?

I look forward to working with you all.

Sincerely,
Rachel Wexelbaum

Kai Alexis

Jun 21, 2018, 5:05:28 PM6/21/18
to WikiJHum
Rachel,

Welcome to the team.

Kai

Thomas Shafee

Jun 21, 2018, 7:06:49 PM6/21/18
to Kai Alexis, WikiJHum
Hello all,

Here is a quick summary of the current activity of the journal.

Two submitted articles (tracking sheet)
WorkSubmission dateStagePeer review coordinator(s)Comments
Æthelflæd2018-06-133Rachel Helps, Sarah Vital
Rosetta Stone2018-06-181In need of volunteer coordinators

Several potential authors contacted
I've also sent out a few emails letting people know about the journal's existence. Two person contacts (Jonathan O'Donnell and Lauren Gawne) are interested in submitting some time later in the year. As you might imagine, my contacts within the humanities and arts is pretty limited!

Everyone is free to use the document to coordinate invitation ideas and email contacts:

Priorities
From my experience at WikiJSci, the most important thing for the journal starting up is to invite submissions of either high-quality Wikipedia articles that warrant expert peer review, or submissions from contacts that you know write well and have an open-access mentality.

I'm happy to continue to help out in an advisory and support role for as long as you need.

All the best,
Thomas

AgriBio & La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science | Postdoctoral research fellow

Profiles at ResearchGate | LinkedIn | GScholar | AltMetricWikipedia