Portable Home, Delivered As Furniture

Eric Hunting

Oct 3, 2013, 1:30:46 AM10/3/13
to wikihouse...@googlegroups.com
Passing along this video link for a documentary about a nice CNC-fabbed prefab home in Spain. The design is pleasantly simple, making the most of modest space without the 'Fifth Element' over-gadgetization. But the most interesting bit, to me, is the cladding. The house uses CNC cut fibercement board with a rainscreen system like commercial wall cladding. So there's a 'drainage plane' membrane sheet on the base wood structure, then mounting strips for the cladding panels, and then the panels screw into the mounting strips leaving a hollow space. This is something that would work well with Wikihouse. I've seen fibercement panel in many, often brightly colored, textured, and corrugated, forms before (in the US it's most well known by the trade name Hardipanel, named for Australian maker James Hardie), but this is the first time I've seen it in this interesting rough 'raw' form. Attractive in a Brutalist way. Lots of other nice Tiny House videos on this same YouTube channel.

Rafael Verissimo

Oct 14, 2013, 8:05:58 PM10/14/13
to wikihouse...@googlegroups.com
..Great