WikiHouse in South Africa/Africa

Keketso Kay Ratsiane

Aug 22, 2014, 6:47:53 AM8/22/14
to wikihouse...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I trust that you are well and having a great #wikihouse day so far:)

My name is Keketso Kay Ratsiane and I've been interested in the dream of Wikihouse ever since I noticed Alistair on TED talks. It is my dream and passion to build homes for others and fill a need within my community. I would love to bring this concept to South Africa as I believe it can impact people and given them a light at the end of a dark tunnel; Many are living under bridges and this help in building communities.

So without boring you; please could you help me with a few question:

1. Which 3D machine/s do you use for the 3D Printing?

2. How much could one machine cost (even in dollars)?

3. What materials are used for the homes you build (wood,etc)?

4. How can we get (download/purchase) the software for designing each home?

5. Who can we speak to in bringing this concept to South Africa?

It would be great if I could have a Skype call with you or I can come over to your country in order to speak personally
I'm busy trying to plan things over here in South Africa, speaking to Government and trying to get funds - you help would be highly appreciated

Hope you can help me

God bless and Kind Regards
Kay Ratsiane