Do WE have this functionality to add citations

Randy Fisher

Aug 29, 2008, 11:47:17 AM8/29/08
to WikiEducator
Hi All,

I just got an update note from Wikispaces:

3. Wikispaces Brings You References
-----------------------------------

Want to add a citation to your wiki page? Well, now you can with
Wikispaces references.

* Edit your page.
* Place your cursor where you'd like your citation.
* Put the content of your footnote in between our reference tags,
<ref> and </ref>.
* Save your page.

Do WE have this ~ citations are important for research purposes....

- Randy

Wayne

Aug 29, 2008, 1:11:05 PM8/29/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randy,

Yes we do have a reference tag.

In the body of the text you insert <ref>reference text goes here</ref>

Then you can include the following at the bottom of the page:

<references/>

Which will list the references included in the text above.

Here is an example where I've used the <ref> tag for listing urls for the print version of a document:

http://wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_tutorial/What_is_a_wiki

Cheers
Wayne

James Neill - UC

Aug 30, 2008, 7:49:34 AM8/30/08
to WikiEducator
Good stuff Randy and Wayne; have added to:
http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Citing_sources

Nadia

Aug 30, 2008, 8:11:11 AM8/30/08
to WikiEducator
Thank you Wayne and Randy.
You know what you are talking about for me,
I tried to put in the references. I had to struggle a bit. I think for
people like me maybe a few more explanatory steps are needed.
1.* Edit your page.
2 * Place your cursor where you'd like your citation.
3 * Put the content of your footnote in between our reference tags,
4 <ref> and </ref>.
5 * Save your page.
6. make a new section with a title to show that these are the