Mobile friendly Wikieducator pages?

Declan

Aug 12, 2021, 10:14:07 PM8/12/21
to WikiEducator

Hi folks

I’d like to create some simple pages that will render well on mobile devices. Just simple text and a photo. The idea would be that they would render without the Wikieducator framing, or with the logo on top, and rather than running off the side of the screen, the text would wrap to the size of the device. Is it possible? Wikipedia seems to have it down. My intent is to launch content for nature walks using QR codes. The content would be broadly applicable to other users in. Here is an example: HGNP/goldenrod - WikiEducator
Cheers
Declan

Stephen Downes

Aug 12, 2021, 10:46:19 PM8/12/21
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
I think it's a good idea (he says as he reads this on his mobile device). The design still needs work, because the left-side menu should be behind a hamburger icon (it's just tiny tiny text otherwise). It's definitely worth the effort.

-- Stephen

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wikieducator/21bd733f-f1f8-49e4-83bd-5559908e65a9n%40googlegroups.com.

Alfa Omega visualmedia

Aug 12, 2021, 11:51:43 PM8/12/21
to wikied...@googlegroups.com

Thanks
Shajijohn
0091-9349279271 wts ap

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.

Wayne Mackintosh

Aug 13, 2021, 12:58:37 AM8/13/21
to WikiEducator
Hi Declan,

We have not implemented mobile responsive solutions for WikiEducator - In short, this is a resource challenge in finding development time for implementation given our commitments on other technical priorities.

In the short term, I  could provide your College with a WordPress site with a responsive OERu theme so you can publish a collection of wiki pages to the site. See for example LiDA101. At the bottom of each page on that course site, you will see a "Content" link which takes you to the wiki source on Wikieducator.

Would that help?

Cheers
Wayne

Wayne Mackintosh (PhD)
UNESCO Chair in Open Educational Resources
Managing Director,  OER Foundation and OERu facilitator

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.

Declan

Aug 21, 2021, 8:38:10 PM8/21/21
to WikiEducator
Hi Wayne

That sounds like a great option.  If I understand you, the content would be live on Wikieducator and be mirrored on Word Press?  Or would I create directly on Wordpress?  My goal is still to create open content because I see application beyond my local field site; I usually hope that others will collaborate....and sometimes they do.  Wikieducator is ideal for collaboration.   Of course I can plop in an OER license on any platform

Thanks for the offer; I'd like to give it a try.

Declan

Wayne Mackintosh

Aug 21, 2021, 9:05:37 PM8/21/21
to WikiEducator
Hi Declan,

You would still author content in WikiEducator.

A snapshot script will publish a copy of the wiki content to a mobile responsive theme on WordPress. Users would access content via the WordPress site.

I'll contact you offline with details.