New Member! Happy to be here!

Chevin Stone

May 16, 2019, 1:43:39 PM5/16/19
to WikiEducator
I wanted to say hello to the community and thank you for including me! I am looking forward to working with you to create a robust OER community. If anyone needs anything from me, please feel free to drop me a note!

I do need a little assistance. (I know, asking for help right off the top, right?)
I am presenting on the topic of using OER in the classroom at ISTE19 in Philadelphia in June. I'm finishing up my resource list (and hope to find a few things of interest here to add) and am looking for something in particular that I had access to about a year ago.

I helped beta test an OER course for ISTE and there was a digital Creative Commons game that I was able to play. It was created by a college professor and came in the digital format and apparently also in a card game. Is anyone familiar with it? I'd love to share it with my participants at the conference and perhaps have a couple of decks of the game as well. I need to know who to contact to get access to it!

If anyone is familiar with this CC game, please let me know! Thanks!

Wayne Mackintosh

May 16, 2019, 6:28:05 PM5/16/19
to WikiEducator
Hi Chevin,

Perhaps you are referring to the "Remix Game" developed by the BYU Independent Study folk with David Wiley?

The OERu has implemented an online version here which forms part of the Open Education, Copyright and Open Licensing course.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. Good luck with your presentation!

Cheers

Vtaylor

May 17, 2019, 6:02:18 AM5/17/19
to WikiEducator
Thanks for asking!

I will be adding the Remix Game as an activity when we cover Copyright. This is an important topic that students struggle with. They love serious fun aka games.

..vt

Solve4Why

May 17, 2019, 1:05:12 PM5/17/19
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
YES!!! this is it!  Thank you so much for your help!
And thanks for the good wishes on my presentation (I"m so nervous... big stage out there!)

Chevin S Stone, M.Ed
Solve4Why Ed Tech Consulting

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wikieducator/e3f271ea-03dc-496a-a0bf-f898800841c3%40googlegroups.com.