WE Featured learning resource

Peter

Nov 23, 2008, 11:51:30 PM11/23/08
to WikiEducator
Hello All,

I while back we started to develop the Quality Assurance and Review
process for WikiEducator. A fair bit of time was spent in putting
together the Quality Assurance Framework;
http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_Framework and
the related featured works specifications. This portal is not finished
but some important parts are getting close. Feel free to navigate this
portal to see what has been built so far.

What I would like is to test out the Featured learning resource;
http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Featured_learning_resource
I believe we have enough here to see if a resource can make it through
the criteria.

Any volunteers willing to engage this opportunity, nominate their
resource and assist us in improving our Quality Assurance Framework?
And also improve the quality of their resource as we iterate toward it
becoming the featured work.

Sincerely, Peter

NELLIE DEUTSCH

Nov 23, 2008, 11:59:34 PM11/23/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
I would love to be part of the initiative. I am busy these days, but will be available in about a week.
Warm wishes,
Nellie Deutsch
Doctoral Student
Educational Leadership
Curriculum and Instruction
http://www.wikieducator.org/EL4C15
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Nelliemuller
skype:nelliedeutschmuller

Peter

Nov 24, 2008, 1:32:50 AM11/24/08
to WikiEducator
Awesome!

I've kind of been going it alone with the assistance from Wayne. A few
requests for participation have been made and some feedback has come.
I believe the time featured works descriptions are to the point where
they can be used and the time has come for the community to get more
involved. So any way you can help out would be great... Even if you
nominate one of your own resources, so we can prove out the criteria
in a real trial...

Look forward to your efforts... please encourage others...

Peter

On Nov 23, 8:59 pm, "NELLIE DEUTSCH" <nellie.muller.deut...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> I would love to be part of the initiative. I am busy these days, but will be
> available in about a week.
> Warm wishes,
> Nellie Deutsch
> Doctoral Student
> Educational Leadership
> Curriculum and Instructionhttp://www.wikieducator.org/EL4C15http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Nelliemuller
> skype:nelliedeutschmuller
>
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Peter <prawstho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
>
> > I while back we started to develop the Quality Assurance and Review
> > process for WikiEducator. A fair bit of time was spent in putting
> > together the Quality Assurance Framework;
> >http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_Frameworkand
> > the related featured works specifications. This portal is not finished
> > but some important parts are getting close. Feel free to navigate this
> > portal to see what has been built so far.
>
> > What I would like is to test out the Featured learning resource;
>
> >http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Fea...

Anil

Nov 24, 2008, 4:50:42 AM11/24/08
to WikiEducator
Hi Peter,

It is great!

I would like nominate http://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Education/Management/MHRM

Warm regards
Anil

On Nov 24, 9:51 am, Peter <prawstho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I while back we started to develop the Quality Assurance and Review
> process for WikiEducator. A fair bit of time was spent in putting
> together the Quality Assurance Framework;http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_Frameworkand
> the related featured works specifications. This portal is not finished
> but some important parts are getting close. Feel free to navigate this
> portal to see what has been built so far.
>
> What I would like is to test out the Featured learning resource;http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Fea...

Nadia

Nov 24, 2008, 6:18:44 AM11/24/08
to WikiEducator
I am going to be away until the middle of December, maybe without
internet connections,
after returning I would be happy to help. Maybe it will be finished by
then !
Nadia

On Nov 24, 1:51 pm, Peter <prawstho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I while back we started to develop the Quality Assurance and Review
> process for WikiEducator. A fair bit of time was spent in putting
> together the Quality Assurance Framework;http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_Frameworkand
> the related featured works specifications. This portal is not finished
> but some important parts are getting close. Feel free to navigate this
> portal to see what has been built so far.
>
> What I would like is to test out the Featured learning resource;http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Fea...

Peter

Nov 24, 2008, 2:22:09 PM11/24/08
to WikiEducator
Anil,

This is fantastic. I'd really like to have a resource go through the
featured criteria... I believe this will make the criteria stronger...
as we are willing to accept feedback on the criteria and make changes
for improvement.
The process of becoming featured also requires two reviewers, see item
2; http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Featured_learning_resource#Process
"2. Nominees must identify two independent reviewers who are willing
to review the content validity of the resource and publish their names
as reviewers of the content"

If you cannot find reviewers maybe we could sent a request out to the
community...

Cheers,

Peter

On Nov 24, 1:50 am, Anil <aplett...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> It is great!
>
> I would like nominatehttp://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Educ...

Peter

Nov 24, 2008, 2:24:02 PM11/24/08
to WikiEducator
Nadia,

All help is always greatly received. As with quality, in my mind, it
is never finished. Always room for improvement. Looking forward to
your engagement when you return.

Peter

Anil

Nov 25, 2008, 8:51:34 AM11/25/08
to WikiEducator
Dear Peter,

I have commenced the works. Today I have added a navigation template
for Topic 1 as seen at
http://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Education/Management/MHRM/Principles_of_Management

Before approaching the community to volunteer validating, I would like
to get one clarification. As a whole course MHRM project requires a
lot more work. However we can get the individual Sections gone through
the validating process - this is one option. Or we may get the
proposed framework as available on the page
http://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Education/Management/MHRM.
If we can finalize it today I can concentrate on some content addition/
revision works in the coming two or three days.

Warm regards
Anil

On Nov 25, 12:22 am, Peter <prawstho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anil,
>
> This is fantastic. I'd really like to have a resource go through the
> featured criteria... I believe this will make the criteria stronger...
> as we are willing to accept feedback on the criteria and make changes
> for improvement.
> The process of becoming featured also requires two reviewers, see item
> 2;http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Fea...

Peter

Nov 25, 2008, 10:09:35 AM11/25/08
to WikiEducator
Anil,

Anil,

I'd suggest you focus on one module and we get it to the point where
it can be a featured learning resource.

I see the whole MHRM as a featured project;
http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Featured_project
And if you read over the criteria for a featured project, all the
modules need to meet the featured resource criteria...

Choose a module and lets have it reviewed as a featured learning
resource. If we get one of the MHRM modules through, then we can work
on all the modules. Then if all goes well the MHRM project could also
become the featured project... I love social media and the wiki way...
Go Anil Go!

Let me know how I can help.

Sincerely,

Peter

On Nov 25, 5:51 am, Anil <aplett...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Peter,
>
> I have commenced the works. Today I have added a navigation template
> for Topic 1 as seen athttp://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Educ...
>
> Before approaching the community to volunteer validating, I would like
> to get one clarification. As a whole course MHRM project requires a
> lot more work. However we can get the individual Sections gone through
> the validating process - this is one option. Or we may get the
> proposed framework as available on the pagehttp://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Educ....

Peter

Nov 25, 2008, 10:12:38 AM11/25/08
to WikiEducator
Hello WikiEducators,

I hope others volunteer to have their learning resource(s) considered
for featured status. Anil seems to be leading the way, but lets have
others... It would be great to have a new featured resource every
month or so.

If we have some featured resourses, then we could have some featured
projects... And then we could have some featured institutions...

Go WE Go...

Sincerely,

Peter

On Nov 25, 5:51 am, Anil <aplett...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Peter,
>
> I have commenced the works. Today I have added a navigation template
> for Topic 1 as seen athttp://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Educ...
>
> Before approaching the community to volunteer validating, I would like
> to get one clarification. As a whole course MHRM project requires a
> lot more work. However we can get the individual Sections gone through
> the validating process - this is one option. Or we may get the
> proposed framework as available on the pagehttp://www.wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Educ....

Randy Fisher

Nov 25, 2008, 12:00:41 PM11/25/08
to wikied...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,

Let's also keep in mind that in addition to this possibly becoming a featured resource, it also has the potential for a case study - which in turn can attract more folks to our community, and liven the discourse and participation. Leverage, leverage leverage!

- Randy
--
________________
Randy Fisher - Change Management & Collaboration, Human Performance & Engagement, Sustainable Communities & Organizations

* Engaging People in Teams, Communities and Organizations....and WikiEducator!

+ 1 604.684.2275
wiki...@gmail.com

http://www.wikieducator.org
http://www.wikieducator.org/Community_Media
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Randyfisher

* Cool WikiEducator Video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc9-CNlIqsY

* Can You Do the Wiki-Wiki? http://www.wikieducator.org/Wiki_Wiki

Skype: wikirandy

Anil

Nov 26, 2008, 11:30:13 AM11/26/08
to WikiEducator
Dear Peter,

I have commenced the count down. The first module of the MHRM Course,
“Principles of Management" with its 10 sections available at
http://wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Education/Management/MHRM/Principles_of_Management
will be ready to be fired from the Section 1<smile> from 16:00, 01
December 2008 (UTC) .

Please give out the request to the WE community for voluntary
validating

Warm regards
Anil

On Nov 25, 8:09 pm, Peter <prawstho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anil,
>
> Anil,
>
> I'd suggest you focus on one module and we get it to the point where
> it can be a featured learning resource.
>
> I see the whole MHRM as a featured project;http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Fea...

Peter

Nov 26, 2008, 1:48:07 PM11/26/08
to WikiEducator
Anil,

1) May I suggest you review the Featured Learning Resource criteria as
you develop materials. This way you may be closer when it comes to
review. Remember you can make changes to the criteria if you think it
would make them better and more appropriate given OER development
realities.
2) The Quality Assurance Framework also requests you nominate two
reviewers... Given the graduate level of this module, finding a
knowledgable reviewer is important. I believe you would be the best to
determine who would be a good reviewer. We could of course put this
request out to the community...

http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Quality_Assurance_and_Review/Featured_learning_resource

Cheers, Peter

On Nov 26, 8:30 am, Anil <aplett...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Peter,
>
> I have commenced the count down. The first module of the MHRM Course,
> “Principles of Management" with its 10 sections available athttp://wikieducator.org/Qualification_Framework/Professional_Educatio...

Peter

Nov 29, 2008, 12:47:57 PM11/29/08
to WikiEducator
We really need to encourage Otago to nominate one of their great
resources as a featured learning resource.
Leigh how would you feel about nominating the blogging module?
http://www.wikieducator.org/Create_and_maintain_a_basic_weblog

Cheers, Peter