SoundCloud in trouble

Jim Tittsler

Jul 14, 2017, 12:03:12 AM7/14/17
to wikieducator-tech
News about SoundCloud's viability is not good. Someone I know was laid
off with no warning, and now stories are showing up in the press
suggesting the cuts aren't enough to ensure the viability of the
service.
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/07/soundcloud-only-has-enough-money-last-until-q4/

I know UoW is using it in their courses. They should start thinking of
an alternative.

Jim

Wayne Mackintosh

Jul 14, 2017, 12:56:05 AM7/14/17
to wikieduc...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Ouch - that's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up - I'll ping the folk at UoW and let them know.

Jim

Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation and OERu facilitator
UNESCO - ICDE Chair in OER
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter: Mackiwg