Code of Conduct

Kim Tucker

Jan 13, 2011, 9:04:09 PM1/13/11
to WikiEducator, wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
Goodday all,

The need for a code of conduct has been expressed from time to time to
help with the induction of newcomers and with the occasional need to
remind participants of the types of behaviours regarded as most
constructive for WikiEducator's development.

To this end I have started a workgroup and invite your participation.

The proposed charter may be found here:
http://wikieducator.org/Workgroup:Code_of_Conduct

with instructions on how to get involved.
You will also find a first "pre-draft" based on the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.

At this stage we invite participants and request approval of the
charter by community council members.

Many thanks

Kim

Wayne Mackintosh

Jan 13, 2011, 9:14:20 PM1/13/11
to wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com, WikiEducator
Hi Kim,

Wow that's a great start and kudos to Kim for taking the initiative and leadership to establish a community community workgroup to move this forward.

Another good example of how the open model saves time and money -- we stand on the shoulders of giants and can reuse, adapt and modify policies for our purposes that were developed by other open communities.

For our newer members on the list, WikiEducator has a Community Workgroup Policy which provides guidelines and opportunities for community members to assist with develop policy which has a community-wide impact.  (See: http://wikieducator.org/Workgroup:WikiEducator_Workgroups/Guidelines).

This is useful reading because it explains how policy is developed in WE and will guide your participation in this volunteer work.

Cheers
Wayne

Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation
Director, International Centre for Open Education,
Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
Founder and elected Community Council Member, Wikieducator
Mobile +64 21 2436 380
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter | identi.ca