Announcing the "WikiEducator Gives Back" Online workshop

Wayne Mackintosh

Jun 14, 2010, 2:41:01 AM6/14/10
to wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone --

Just in case you don't monitor the WikiEd lists, I'm posting a copy of the announcement to our Council Members.  Please circulate, blog and spread the word :-).  Help us achieve a new record for the number of enrolled particpants for a Learning4Content workshop.

Folk can register here:

http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Workshops/eL4C41/Register

Announcing the "WikiEducator Gives Back" Online workshop

WikiEducator has the freedom to establish new community traditions :-)

The response from a number of our leading L4C facilitators has inspired me to launch the "WikiEducator Gives Back" online workshop in celebration of our achievements in building wiki skills for OER futures.

L4C facilitators will be giving back in two ways:
  1. Donating their time freely to assist with facilitating this record breaking workshop attempt - (Designated as L4C Facilitators on the workshop page)
  2. Sharing their knowledge with future L4C facilitators to join our international team of WikiEducator online facilitators.  (Designated as L4C Co-Facilitators on the workshop page)

The OER Foundation will institute this as an annual WikiEducator event which aims to:
  • Break the previous year's record for hosting the largest free online wiki workshop measured by the number of registered participants
  • Provide an opportunity for educators around the world to meet and interact with some of WikiEducators' top editors and seasoned  wiki facilitators measured by their approximate edit count in WikiEducator
We aim to have a little fun. We will award community Kudos achievements for:

  • The workshop participant who achieves the highest number of edits during the workshop
  • The Facilitor / or Co-Facilitator who achieves the highest number of support edits during the workshop.
Hopefully, we can institute this as an annual event where "WikiEducator Gives Back"

Be sure to spread the word and register your participation:

http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Workshops/eL4C41/Register

An open question -- Any estimates on the 2010 record for the highest number of enrolled participants for an free online L4C workshop?

Gee -- you gotta love the notion of sharing knowledge freely!

Cheers
Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.