[WE Council] Point of information

1 view

Wayne Mackintosh

May 12, 2010, 6:17:05 PM5/12/10
to wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Peter has just posted an important point of information asking whether there are two motions relating to embedding 3rd party media. Thanks Peter -- an important question which needs clarification.

See: http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Community_Council/Meetings/Third

I realise the process can be confusing. Therefore, I  am posting a copy of my response here for the convenience of the meeting.

  1. No there are not two motions on the table
  2. There is one active motion on the table -- see: http://tinyurl.com/27dcqbp
  3. Council is debating alternatives for an amendment to the active motion  -- i.e. Straw Dog 3: http://tinyurl.com/25ea8kl
  4. Given the range of opinion on a complex issue, the ideal scenario is to work towards the best consensus amendment the wiki way. I believe that this is the most responsible way to avoid a complex series of to-and-fro amendments to the active motion on the table. Each proposed amendment would require a majority vote -- so best to achieve consensus before voting the amendment
  5. Every member of Council is free to call the vote by tabling an amendment.
I encourage members of the meeting to assume a healthy dose of good faith in tabling the best consensus amendment we can for serving the interests of WikiEducator in a way that is aligned with our values.

Cheers
Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director,

Peter

May 12, 2010, 6:58:04 PM5/12/10
to WikiEducator Community Council
ok

http://wikieducator.org/Community_Council/Meetings/Third/Guidelines_for_embedding_links_to_third_party_media#Motion

Peter

On May 12, 3:17 pm, Wayne Mackintosh <mackintosh.wa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Peter has just posted an important point of information asking whether there
> are two motions relating to embedding 3rd party media. Thanks Peter -- an
> important question which needs clarification.
>
> See:http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Community_Council/Meetings/Third
>
> I realise the process can be confusing. Therefore, I  am posting a copy of
> my response here for the convenience of the meeting.
>
>    1. No there are not two motions on the table
>    2. There is one active motion on the table -- see:
>    http://tinyurl.com/27dcqbp
>    3. Council is debating alternatives for an amendment to the active
>    motion  -- i.e. Straw Dog 3:http://tinyurl.com/25ea8kl
>    4. Given the range of opinion on a complex issue, the ideal scenario is
>    to work towards the best consensus amendment the wiki way. I believe that
>    this is the most responsible way to avoid a complex series of to-and-fro
>    amendments to the active motion on the table. Each proposed amendment would
>    require a majority vote -- so best to achieve consensus before voting the
>    amendment
>    5. Every member of Council is free to call the vote by tabling an

Leigh Blackall

May 12, 2010, 8:01:18 PM5/12/10
to wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
Good job Peter.