Peter has just posted an important point of information asking whether there are two motions relating to embedding 3rd party media. Thanks Peter -- an important question which needs clarification.
I realise the process can be confusing. Therefore, I am posting a copy of my response here for the convenience of the meeting.
- No there are not two motions on the table
- There is one active motion on the table -- see: http://tinyurl.com/27dcqbp
- Council is debating alternatives for an amendment to the active motion -- i.e. Straw Dog 3: http://tinyurl.com/25ea8kl
- Given the range of opinion on a complex issue, the ideal scenario is to work towards the best consensus amendment the wiki way. I believe that this is the most responsible way to avoid a complex series of to-and-fro amendments to the active motion on the table. Each proposed amendment would require a majority vote -- so best to achieve consensus before voting the amendment
- Every member of Council is free to call the vote by tabling an amendment.
I encourage members of the meeting to assume a healthy dose of good faith in tabling the best consensus amendment we can for serving the interests of WikiEducator in a way that is aligned with our values.
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
International Centre for Open Education,
Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
Board of Directors, OER Foundation.
Founder and Community Council Member, Wikieducator, www.wikieducator.org
Mobile +64 21 2436 380
User Page: http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg
Twitter: OERFoundation, Mackiwg
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator Community Council" group.
To post to this group, send email to wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wikieducator-communit...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-community-council?hl=en