A testament to WE's vision

Wayne Mackintosh

Jun 16, 2010, 1:30:53 AM6/16/10
to WikiEducator, wikieducator-teacher...@googlegroups.com, wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note relating to our preparations for WikiEducator's inaugural gifting campaign. A moment for us to reflect on the significance of our mission.

I would encourage all WIkiEducators to read the growing number of support messages from senior education leaders and OER practitioners around the world reflecting on why the gift of knowledge is so important for the future of education.

See; http://wikieducator.org/OERF:Why_donate

WE can stand proud that WikiEducator is becoming the wiki of choice in the formal education sector, None of this would have been possible without your tireless efforts.

In the words of Tan Sri Dato’ Emeritus Prof. Gajaraj Dhanarajan, one of the most influential educational leaders in Asia:

"Access to learning and acquisition of knowledge should be freely available to all humanity. Any and every effort to realise this vision must be welcomed and enthusiastically supported by all. "

Thank you WikiEducator --- WE are making a difference for social change!

Cheers
Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.