[WE Council] 3rd Meeting of Council Adjourned

1 view

Wayne Mackintosh

May 15, 2010, 12:46:20 AM5/15/10
to wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

The 3rd Meeting of the WikiEducator Council is adjourned.

It's been a lively meeting with a full agenda. On behalf of the WikiEducator family, I would like to extend our sincere thanks for your gift of knowledge and time. Together we achieve more than working alone.

WE are pioneers in the evolution of open governance models with a healthy dose of radical transparency. Our meetings demonstrate a level of transparency, which to the best of my knowledge, have not been implemented elsewhere. It takes courage to cast votes openly in a wiki environment for our community to observe while the meeting is in progress combined with the fact that our votes, comments and interactions are recorded in perpetuity on the Internet. I express my personal thanks and gratitude for your committment in making OER futures happen.

In the near future, I'd like to conduct an informal and open debriefing of our meeting to figure out what works and where we can improve on our processes.

I include a summary of the meeting outcomes below.

Thanks again. I will see you in the wiki :-)

Cheers
Wayne

Summary of the meeting outcomes

Motions approved
  • Approval of minutes
  • Approval of the agenda
  • Amendments to the WikiEducator Open Community Governance Policy
  • Advice and recommendations on WikiEducator's privacy policy -- Workgroup to be convened
  • Determining procedures for nominating nominated members -- Workgroup to be convened
  • Motion to adjourn the meeting
Not approved
  • Decision to establish a WCC Executive Committee
Failed for lack of second
  • Guidelines for ancillary web services
Unresolved
  • Guidelines for embedding links to 3rd party media
Follow up actions
  • Developing a "code of conduct"
  • Developing a "Code of Conduct / Guidelines" for fair use and fair dealing in WikEducator
Resignations

Leigh Blackall, Peter Rawsthorne and Nellie Deutsch.

On behalf of Council, WE express our thanks to these members for their extensive contributions to the WikiEducator project during our formative years. WE wish you every success with your endeavors and look forward to touching base in from time to time in our connected world.

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director,