[WE Council] Action plan to complete our agenda

Wayne Mackintosh

May 10, 2010, 11:56:42 PM5/10/10
to wikieducator-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your lazy consensus inputs regarding the mandate to continue our meeting. It's not a majority, but enough folk have said they want to "get finished what we started"

It is useful to have some goals and a timeline. I would like to adjourn this meeting by the close of business this week -- sooner if we can :-). Given the phenomenal progress we're making on the item for embedding of 3rd party media, I think this is doable.

Having a deadline for completion will also help us achieve our goals. Let's be practical as well -- recognising that we may not be able to work out all the implementation detail during this sitting -- but with clear guidelines contained in the proposed amendment, we should be able to have a workable motion on which we can call a vote and them implement in WE.

  • Over the next 24 hours -- please provide your feedback and suggestions on both alternatives on the table (http://tinyurl.com/25ea8kl)
  • The ideal solution would be to see if we can work on the wording of an improved alternative -- perhaps "Alternative 4" which aims to achieve a consensus motion on which the meeting can vote. This is why its important for you to comment on the aspects you find problematic with the current alternatives on the table. This would then be tabled as the proposed amendment to the current motion on hold.
Lets give this a bash and see how we go.

Cheers
Wayne

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.