Prettycode in own folder inside user_extensions

Ivo Looser

Oct 20, 2016, 3:03:42 AM10/20/16
to wikidpad-devel
Hi Together

I started some days ago to use Wikipad. I think its a impressiv solution for PIM. Thank you Michael Butscher and your Team.

Yesterday i've switched to version 2.3 beta 15. Most of the stuff are working well.

I would like to use PrettyCode:

Pasting PrettyCode and put the folder PrettyCode20140327 into the folder user_extensions it wont work.

Place the folder pygments and the files ._pygments and __init__.py one level above instead works well.

I think this wont work for so long, because in that case, only one package are available to use in user_extensions folder.

Is this a known limitation or what did I do wrong?

Thanks for you help.

Ivo

Graham Harris

Jan 31, 2018, 3:12:08 AM1/31/18
to wikidpad-devel
Hi Ivo,

I use WikidPad 2.3beta16, the latest in a very solid line of code I have enjoyed for 10+ years. I run exclusively linux systems these days.

I extracted the zip I got from https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq9tcnihrz5ftri/PrettyCode20170523_basedOn_2.2.0.zip?dl=0 into my existing WikidPad user_extensions directory. The unzipper created a pygments sub-directory. I can't see anything it put into user_extensions except the pygments directory.

I restarted WikidPad, created a blank page and then pasted in some Python code using the Plugins; Paste Code menu item.

At first, I thought it had not worked; the code, comments and all, was all a uniform dark yellow/light brown.
Then I switched to preview mode using the toolbar icon, and the source code was beautifully pretty-printed in colours.
I guess that's designed behaviour; and it will work for me. I hope it can work for you.

Best
Graham

Graham Harris

Jan 31, 2018, 3:13:37 AM1/31/18
to wikidpad-devel
update: now I see that PrettyCode also put __init__.py into user_extensions.

Graham Harris

Jan 31, 2018, 3:15:12 AM1/31/18
to wikidpad-devel
Oh- and I also have several other extensions in user_extensions, and they still work after adding PrettyCode.

Michael Butscher

Jan 31, 2018, 7:47:21 PM1/31/18
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
On 31.01.2018 09:12, Graham Harris wrote:
> Hi Ivo,
>
> I use WikidPad 2.3beta16, the latest in a very solid line of code I have
> enjoyed for 10+ years. I run exclusively linux systems these days.
>
> I extracted the zip I got from
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq9tcnihrz5ftri/PrettyCode20170523_basedOn_2.2.0.zip?dl=0
> into my existing WikidPad user_extensions directory. The unzipper created a
> pygments sub-directory. I can't see anything it put into user_extensions
> except the pygments directory.

Well, actually the ZIP-file is meant to just be placed in "user_extensions" as
it is because since 2.3beta08 WikidPad can work with appropriately prepared
ZIP-files (as this) without unpacking.

> I restarted WikidPad, created a blank page and then pasted in some Python
> code using the Plugins; Paste Code menu item.
>
> At first, I thought it had not worked; the code, comments and all, was all
> a uniform dark yellow/light brown.

The underlying editor component Scintilla only allows a restricted number of
different styles to appear at the same time. Therefore I'm a rather stingy with
them.

Michael