Undelete a deleted wikiword

Kevin

Oct 15, 2018, 2:13:33 AM10/15/18
to wikidpad-devel
I have accidentally deleted "Scratchpad" in my Wiki (on my local drive), and wanted to see if it could be restored.

Deletion was caused rather unexpectedly. I had set a bookmark for Scratchpad. Then I was getting some repeating error message, something about duplicated bookmarks, or similar. THe  log kept opening every minute, or more frequently and I kept having to close (hide) the log.

I then opened up (Add) Bookmarks, selected "Scratchpad" and deleted it, thinking I was deleting the bookmark.

Unfortunately, it deleted the "Scratchpad" WikiWord.

I tried pressing Control-Z to undo the deletion, but it did nothing. The "Scratchpad" WikiWord was (automatically) recreated, but since it was empty and not modified yet, the new, empty "Scratchpad" WikiWord was not written to disk.

I immediately closed (Windows:Red-X) WikidPad.

What can I try to recover (undelete) the deleted WikiWord?

By the way, is the behavior of what I thought was deleting a bookmark, actually deleting a WikiWord, the expected behavior, or should this be considered a bug?

Björn Johansson

Oct 15, 2018, 2:50:58 AM10/15/18
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
try the Open trashcan under the Wiki menu?
______O_________oO________oO______o_______oO________O_________oO________
Björn Johansson, Assistant Professor
Department of Biology
University of Minho
Campus de Gualtar
4710-057 Braga
PORTUGAL
https://metabolicengineeringgroupcbma.github.io | www.bio.uminho.pt
Office direct +351-253 601517 | mob.  +351-967 147 704Dept secretary +351-253 60 4310

Kevin

Oct 23, 2018, 7:44:18 PM10/23/18
to wikidpad-devel
I don't see "trashcan" under the Wiki menu

Under Wiki menu, I see:
---------------
- New
- Open
---------------
- Recent
- Favorites
---------------
---------------
- Publish as HTML
- Print...
---------------
- Properties
--  > Backend: original_sqlite
- Maintnence
--  > Rebuild Wiki..., Update cache..., Initiate update..., Show job count, Open as type, Reconnect, Optimise Database
- Exit

I don't see anything about "trashcan".

Thanks.

Björn Johansson