Is it bad to try Boostnote?

Gus

Oct 8, 2019, 1:41:47 PM10/8/19
to wikidpad-devel
I really love wikidpad ... I've used it every day for years! Thanks!
I was wondering ...would it be a bad idea to Join Efforts with Boostnote?
Implementing missing features in boostnote ... CamelCase linking.
Perhaps Exporting to boostnote ...
Or the other way ... using their interface, markdown code goodies.
Maybe its a bad idea ... I'd love to hear your thoughts!

螺丝糖

Oct 9, 2019, 3:43:42 AM10/9/19
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com

Spam?

Gustavo Valdez

Oct 9, 2019, 3:28:38 PM10/9/19
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry if it is considered spam ... I am just a user of both programs.
You can see the opensource Boostnote at https://boostnote.io
They call themselves "the notetaking app for programmers"

Michael Butscher

Oct 9, 2019, 10:27:15 PM10/9/19
On 09.10.2019 21:27, Gustavo Valdez wrote:
> I am sorry if it is considered spam ... I am just a user of both programs.

No, I don't consider it spam.

> You can see the opensource Boostnote at https://boostnote.io
> They call themselves "the notetaking app for programmers"

I took a short look at the website and the code repository. Main problem is that
Boostnote is written in JavaScript and seems to be executed in a browser (or,
more technically, in a browser's render engine).

This is a very different environment from WikidPad. Exchanging some ideas may be
possible but the code must be written for each program separately so joining
efforts wouldn't work well.

Michael

boxtrap.sm

Oct 10, 2019, 1:17:13 AM10/10/19
to RadioBox, box...@gmail.com, Электронная Почта, wikidpa...@googlegroups.com

Oct 10, 2019, 11:27:07 AM10/10/19
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for taking a look! And congrats for wikidpad, such a useful program to me!