Undocumented Link Format?

Ed Johnson

Oct 3, 2008, 9:24:09 PM10/3/08
to temporary wikidot dev-list
After getting an error when clicking the "template-en" link on the
default start page after installing Wikidot, I found the link had
formatting I had not seen before. Here's the source:
====================================
++ Customize default template

Default initial template for other wikis is located at [[[template-
en::]]]. If someone creates a new wiki, this one is cloned to the new
address. A good thing to do is to go to [[[template-en::]]] and
customize it.
====================================

[[[template-en::]]] evaluates to "http://template-en.wikidot1.dev/
template-en" when it should be "http://template-en.mywikidot.com".

Is this a typo or syntax error? Is this a secret code Michal uses
during development and forgot to clean up? ;)

If I edit the page and make it a link with the full URL, it works
fine. I can't find this type of link syntax referenced anywhere else.

-Ed

Piotr Gabryjeluk

Oct 4, 2008, 4:35:49 AM10/4/08
to wik...@googlegroups.com
This probably means you have something wrong with your configuration,
but not necessarily. I promise to check that.

[[[wiki::category:page]]] this is a link format introduces to the
opensource version to allow creating interwiki links. I'm not sure if
this applies to Wikidot.com as well.

Dnia 2008-10-03, o godz. 18:24:09
Ed Johnson <edjohn...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
--
Piotr Gabryjeluk
Wikidot.com developer

Ed Johnson

Oct 5, 2008, 2:33:28 AM10/5/08
to temporary wikidot dev-list
I think my configuration is fine. I was able to confirm that this is
mainly a "complied page" issue. I found that after editing the page
and saving it, the link(s) get reconstructed. It's only after a fresh
install that the links are still pointing to wikidot1.dev.

However, there is still a bug related to this link syntax.

[[[wiki::]]] converts to wiki.mywikidomain.com/wiki (it adds the wiki
name as a page name to the end of the url). The link text is "wiki".
[[[wiki::page]]] appears to work as expected. It converts to
wiki.mywikidomain.com/page. The link text is "page".
[[[wiki::category::page]]] also appears to work as expected, but I
don't like the link. It converts to wiki.mywikidomain.com/
category:page. The link text is ":page".

I don't see this as a big issue for the moment. In the grand scheme,
this one can stay at the bottom of the list for a while. I'd much
rather see a config script first!

-Ed

On Oct 4, 3:35 am, Piotr Gabryjeluk <pi...@wikidev.lastlook.pl> wrote:
> This probably means you have something wrong with your configuration,
> but not necessarily. I promise to check that.
>
> [[[wiki::category:page]]] this is a link format introduces to the
> opensource version to allow creating interwiki links. I'm not sure if
> this applies to Wikidot.com as well.
>
> Dnia 2008-10-03, o godz. 18:24:09

Piotr Gabryjeluk

Oct 5, 2008, 7:21:00 AM10/5/08
to wik...@googlegroups.com
Dnia 2008-10-04, o godz. 23:33:28
Ed Johnson <edjohn...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> [[[wiki::]]] converts to wiki.mywikidomain.com/wiki (it adds the wiki
> name as a page name to the end of the url). The link text is "wiki".
> [[[wiki::page]]] appears to work as expected. It converts to
> wiki.mywikidomain.com/page. The link text is "page".
> [[[wiki::category::page]]] also appears to work as expected, but I
> don't like the link. It converts to wiki.mywikidomain.com/
> category:page. The link text is ":page".

You should use [[[wiki::category:page]]] instead (one : instead of
two ::)