Site Backup Option

Ed Johnson

Nov 9, 2008, 11:53:05 AM11/9/08
to temporary wikidot dev-list
This thread:

http://www.wikidot.org/forum/t-103558/using-existing-wiki-in-vm-image

on wikidot.org got me thinking it would be nice to have an alternate
backup option.

It would be nice to be able to create a "dump.sql" file from a wikidot
hosted site so we could load it on a virtual machine or other
dedicated server.

Any chance something like this could be implemented easily?

I suspect this is how a portion of a fully developed backup/restore
option for all Wikidot users might be implemented. You have at least 2
willing beta testers right now!

-Ed

Piotr Gabryjeluk

Nov 9, 2008, 3:01:11 PM11/9/08
to wik...@googlegroups.com
Hi, we don't plan to have this yet. But this is quite easy to implement
having "clone site" code. It's just a matter of splitting the "dump"
operations from the "load" operations and defining a format of data
between them.

Dnia 2008-11-09, o godz. 08:53:05
Ed Johnson <edjohn...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
--