Changes in Wikidot open source software

Piotr Gabryjeluk

May 17, 2009, 9:53:13 AM5/17/09
to temporary wikidot dev-list
Hello,

some of you may have already read my blog post about recent changes in
Wikidot Open Source. They are quite revolutionary, because they
simplify the installation of Wikidot as a single wiki engine.

Till now, each installation of Wikidot had to be configured with proper
DNS name and e-mail settings. Also the database needed to be carefully
initialized. But now we concentrate on users that only need a wiki
engine (for their project or group) and actually don't want a whole
wiki farm.

So, the default mode for Wikidot is now single wiki mode with much much
simpler configuration than before. For most users it means NO
configuration at all! For Ubuntu users, they only need to supply their
login name in configuration file (due to custom default settings of
PostgreSQL installed from Ubuntu packages).

I hope you enjoyed reading this and already think were to run the
"new" Wikidot on :). Please have a look at my blog and share your
opinions and problems (if any):

http://piotr.gabryjeluk.pl/dev:wikidot-opensource-changes-in-trunk

Cheers
--