Sharing experiences

Patricia

Mar 7, 2009, 9:19:53 PM3/7/09
to WikiCaribbean
Dear Friends,

I thought it would be a good idea if we started activating this
discussion forum, to see how you can find a support group of
Wikieducators that help each othe, because this is what the wiki is
all about.

As this is a list created for solely the Caribbean, it will give you
an opportunity to share knowlegde, ask questions, and pair up to build
open educational resources following your basic wiki editing skills
trainings and/or ask the questions that never received a satisfactory
answer.

Please use this list to start building capacity. You are not left on
your own devices with nowhere to turn to. You are looking at a huge
community with 1000s of educators, teachers, trainers, students and
others who have the same goal as you have, developing open educational
resources for use in the classroom, as study guides, teacher handouts,
full courses on specific subjects. The list is endless.

Among the many experts we now have in this group, there will be more
people joining us over the next few weeks, you alone are a great group
of experts who could move forward to make the difference you were
looking to make when you started this project Take advantage of this..

In addition, you will be able to join/or have already joined the main
WikiEducator mailing list as well that was created for all
WikiEducators and believe it or not, we have grown to just over 8000
registered users in the meantime earlier this months. A huge
accomplishment given that the project was only founded in May 2006.

I am saying that because it gives you additional experts you can pair
up with, pool resources and to find collaborations.

Warm wishes,
Patricia