OR-URISA Young Professionals Social Sept. 13

Betsy Breyer

Sep 12, 2012, 10:53:56 AM9/12/12
to wi...@googlegroups.com
OR-URISA Young Professionals social is tomorrow, Sept. 13. We hope to see you there! Details below.

Join the Oregon URISA Young Professionals for a social and networking event at Apex Bar on Thursday, September 13 from 5:30 to 8pm. Here is your chance to get involved in an exciting group geared towards developing a robust network of emerging geospatial professionals in Oregon.

Who: GIS professionals, current and aspiring.
What: Brainstorming, networking, informal planning for GISPro Conference and OpenStreetMap State of the Map, both to be held October 2012 in Portland, Oregon
When: Thursday September 13 5:30 - 8pm
Where: Apex Bar, 1216 SE Division Street  Portland, OR 97202
Why: OR-URISA YP is a newly-formed interest group within OR-URISA, the Oregon chapter of URISA, a professional association for the geospatial community. Check out our mission statement below. OR-URISA YP cabinet members hope to have a strong group presence at the 2012 URISA conference, GISPro, to be held September 30 - October 4th in Portland, Oregon. Cabinet members are also active in planning OpenStreetMap State of the Map conference, going on October 13-14 in Portland. We are hosting a social to informally plan for these events, reach out to prospective members, network, and brainstorm how to support and advocate for the continued development of a robust geospatial community in the great State of Oregon. Although we are specifically focused on the needs of young professionals (under 35 years of age or <10 years in the industry), all are welcome to get involved!

Feel free to drop in anytime between 5:30 and 8pm. Apex is cash-only so be sure to bring a few bucks for a drink. Please email Betsy Breyer betsy...@gmail.com with any questions.

OR-URISA YP Mission Statement:
The mission of the OR-URISA Young Professionals is to provide the young professional geospatial community with the resources to develop and maintain outstanding careers. Chief among these resources is interaction with industry leaders through mentorship, internship opportunities, and workshops. In addition, the group aims to share its knowledge of emerging GIS technology and techniques with the broad geospatial community, industry professionals, and the public.